• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

female red/blue on kingsnake

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
kellen.watkins said:
TeguBuzz said:
If she stays up on KS till the 26th, I'll offer to pay them 650 shipped. Will produce awesome babies with Sobek, but I won't pay near 700 for it.

Ill throw down some more pics of eli to show what them babies would resemble. Been getting him out of his cage almost everyday measured him at 27" some sunlight pics might give his pics more justice lol

How's Eli's temper coming along? Is the handling becoming easier? And yea I'd love to see those pics.

kellen.watkins

I've been using a different approach all week. The waiting for him to come to me isn't working and some cage aggression was starting to develop so he's been getting mandatory feeding bin and daily baths. He does put up a struggle a bit but I've seen more improvement in this one week than since I've had him. I'm actually not getting hissing or open mouth anymore and can pick him up with a loose grip at times. He's coming around :)

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
kellen.watkins said:
I've been using a different approach all week. The waiting for him to come to me isn't working and some cage aggression was starting to develop so he's been getting mandatory feeding bin and daily baths. He does put up a struggle a bit but I've seen more improvement in this one week than since I've had him. I'm actually not getting hissing or open mouth anymore and can pick him up with a loose grip at times. He's coming around :)

That's great to know! Keep at it, sometimes the different approach ends up working. Keep me posted, I've been curious as to how it would end up. Sounds like he's getting better and better.

Sirhc401

Heck yeah. It is always good to try new things and see what works for them. Sounds like you are making good progress Kellen. Keep up the good work :)
And keep us posted

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I was looking over the post on KS.. I don't like the fact that she eats out of people's hands.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Oh, I know that the habit can be broken. But it's just another obstacle I or whoever purchases would have to overcome. We'll see what happens, no worries.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I emailed them about it and they don't have any information about her background. All they could tell me was her total length, 43".

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Sirhc401 said:
How much do ya think blue/red babies would go for anyway?

I believe my 2 year old was $340-350 shipped. He's got a few missing toes and a scar on his neck.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I looked at my e-mails and he was 340 shipped. There does seem to be a fair amount of money in hybrids. I think blue hybrids more so than others. I almost picked up a red/bw earlier this year that had a TON of white on it but things ended up not working out. That one was only ~200 shipped.

Sirhc401

Well if the market keeps up with blue hybrids then in the future I might consider getting a blue female for Odin. It could be a good side hobby later on if I have the time. I'm sure ppl on here would be interested in 50/50 blue red hybrids

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I plan on getting Sobek a red by blue hybrid, as well as a blue female. Financially, im doing pretty well, so it would work beautifully as a side hobby. I've had experience breeding my reds in the past, but nothing as high up as a blue. A lot of you have been telling me you'd buy hatchlings Sobek would produce, and its really got me thinking.

Sirhc401

Well since you have experience may I ask. Is it a hobby well worth it? And is it very difficult? Perhaps you can PM me on your process? I would like to learn as much as I can

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I don't want to be the party pooper or come off wrong, but would you make sure you have people to sell to before breeding? If you have 35 eggs in one clutch but only sell 15 (unlikely but possible), it would probably be pretty costly to maintain and care for the other 20 plus the adults. I've never bred anything but I'm going to assume there are also increases in other expenses. Food, heat/electricity, possible vet trips, etc.
I realize some people will do what they want regardless but I feel this way about any animal. For me personally, I couldn't bring more animals into the world without knowing that they would have a home.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced