• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Golden x argentine b&w hybrid!

Tikikitty95

Just saw this on Snakes at Sunsets wall. They are auctioning one now. Don't know if it's real or not but I thought I'd post it.

http://m.facebook.com/?w2m&_rdr#!/photo.php?fbid=200779423324863&id=100001784196769&set=a.138492872886852.25546.100001784196769&__user=100000220522413

Cool if it's legit but it seems too good to be true.

I don't think that worked. But this is their wall it's a few posts down.

http://m.facebook.com/?w2m&_rdr#!/home.php?__user=100000220522413

Jason

5 Year Member
woah. I instantly thought columbian, but there are 2 loreal scales.... wierd

Tikikitty95

It's got the colors of a golden which is odd. But yeah it has the loreal scales and the lined pattern of an Argentine. I don't know if it really is a hybrid or not but it looks like it. The one guy that bid retracted it after the guy said it was WC. lol

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
How can they possibly know what the parents are if it is W/C?

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
If you have a Facebook just search snakes at sunset. It is on their wall.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
k,.. I don't see anything hybrid about it, not to say it can't happen. But we have a member with a tegu that's more yellow spotted than white. Although I wouldn't mind seeing it as it ages,.. 30 bucks isn't bad if the price stays around there.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Bubblz Calhoun said:
k,.. I don't see anything hybrid about it, not to say it can't happen. But we have a member with a tegu that's more yellow spotted than white. Although I wouldn't mind seeing it as it ages,.. 30 bucks isn't bad if the price stays around there.

What do you mean "not to say it can't happen"? It can't happen, Colombians and Argentines cannot be crossed.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I say what I mean,.. and I meant what I said. Just because it hasn't been done, doesn't mean it can't be done. Whether the offspring can viably breed or not, it hasn't been proven one way or another.

kellen.watkins

shoot if its w/c it could be another subspecies, considering nobody knows anything about wild tegus really. 30 bucks aint a bad price though

boyd1955

There are loads of different colours and paternings of tegus in the wild ... It is just that we have the 3 main ones in captivity ... If you look up wild tegus someone did an amazing picture thread ( I think it was on this forum, but it could of been one of the other 2 big ones ) ... TEGUS IS VARIED TEGUS IS :))

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
boyd1955 said:
There are loads of different colours and paternings of tegus in the wild ... It is just that we have the 3 main ones in captivity ... If you look up wild tegus someone did an amazing picture thread ( I think it was on this forum, but it could of been one of the other 2 big ones ) ... TEGUS IS VARIED TEGUS IS :))

Yes, in the wild in South America. This was caught in Florida, not South America.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It really looks just like an Arg. Bret use to have some arg that were almost pure yellow and black durning the fall(so around now) and then would come out of hibernation pure white and black. I personally do not see anything columbian about this animal. Being wild caught in florida it could also be a diet thing, who knows but I would not call this a columbian and arg cross. Hey $30 for a tegu is not bad. I have a bad feeling about these wild caught florida tegus though.

For those wanting to see the pic I have attched it.

Attachments

• tegucross.jpg
    tegucross.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 54

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980