• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Got it done!

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Kazzy said:
Ah, gosh you guys...you are now tempting me to get my nipples pierced...*screams* lol
LOL are you gonna post pics of that too. Hell for that matter might as well get the old coochie done too.

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
this is a Family forum... I dont think we need talk about getting thoes area's pierced.

Kazzy

5 Year Member
ApriliaRufo said:
Hold on a second... I was gonna comment but I think I just vomited on the keyboard. I'm all for self exploration, get some tattoos and pierce your nose for all I care, just think about that when you come into my office looking for a job. "Half" sleeves were invented for a reason, there's also a reason men get shoulder tattoos, because when it's time for work, a dress-shirt covers them all nicely. I don't mind piercings, but to be honest, I won't hire them.

I hate that people get judged for the way they look and dress now a days. I know VERY intelligent people, great workers, that are shunned because of the way they look. It disgusts me that the human race still lacks the ability to judge someone for their personality, not their looks...
I know it will keep me from getting a job at most places, but I know several places that don't mind it at all.

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
maybe i should get my ear pierced, i like piercings, i love tatoos, but some how i think that's kinda like an disgrace to where i came from, anyways...................VERY NICE

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
I'm about as comfortable talking to someone with piercings as I am talking to 2 gay men hanging all over each other. I'm on the same page as ApriliaRufo. You young kids don't want to be judged by your looks ,but you put yourself in a position to be judged. Every Pet store around here is full of Piercings. It must be a job qualification. I'd rather buy online than talk with some weirdo who can't talk right because of a tongue ring. And then you have the ones that look like they survived a HELL RAISER Movie. You don't want to be judged don't do dumb stuff .Like sticking rings in every spare part of your body. As I said before I hate to see such a pretty face ruined. Next you'll all look like those Africans with the plates in their lips. Man won't that be sexy.

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Harvey i got my ears stretched to an inch...I get weird looks all the time, But then i get people who come up to me and tell me how beautiful i am... And i dont have a job... and i know that i most likey wont beable to get a job where i would like to with my lip/nose rings and my ears being stretched out.. And im personaly OK with that..
and i feel ApriliaRufo is just looking to start and argument on this thread.

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
No he isn't trying to start a fight. He is trying to explain things to her. About most peoples veiw points. Everyone thinks that what other people think doesn't matter. But in the real world it does. You high school and college kids don't know how well you've got it. I understand individuality. But in the real world you can't put limits on yourself. Like you are doing. It's hard enough making it working and supporting yourself. Without Handicapping yourself visually. You kids need to realize this . First impressions are everything in life. Whether you would like to believe it or not.

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
no he was... Making people feel crappy about having piercings, isnt explaining anything.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
USA_declaration_of_independence.jpg

Kazzy

5 Year Member
This is my point...just because someone likes piercings and tattoos, they are shunned because it's different than most people. THAT'S what ticks me off. Everyone should be allowed to wear what colors they want, vote for who they want, wear tattoos and piercings if they want. If they like that, it's not hurting anyone. People are way to quick to judge on looks, instead of who a person is. I'm not some freak just because of a few piercings, am I?

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
ummm, ok
i've been friends with all kinds of people, drug addicts, sex addicts, alcoholics, "top-school" guys, tough guys, etc, and if there is one thing that i've learned about in my life is that we all have our differences, but being judged because of our differences is just mean, we should respect each other at all means

pinto24

5 Year Member
I have 2 tatts, but they are not really visible, and one I wish to god I could get removed, and after a night of drinking :tomu a while back, I thought about giving sand paper a try, but that's another story.

When I was 18, I got my nipple pierced, and it seemed like a great idea at the time. I am 28 now, I took it out about a year ago, and let me tell you, I now regret getting it done. My nip now is quite a bit larger than the other one, and looks kinda ridiculous. When I am at the gym, I look like half of my body was in a freezer, if you know what I mean. Dont get me started when it is actually cold outside.
I'm not against people getting these, frankly I could care less, and don't look down on those who do. Most people I have known that have had piercings on their face or other parts of their body, then take them out down the road have some kind of permanent mark or scar from it. I'm sure that does not happen to everybody, but it happened to me, and other people I know. So I would say the chances are decent of it happening. ??Me ramble, no way! I guess my point would be just to think about the possible future (i.e., long term effects) before you do it. I'll shut up now

CoexistExotics

5 Year Member
I think everyone's opinions are warranted, however when I first got my first facial piercing 5 years ago, it had to come out wherever I went. Job interviews, weddings, everything. Now, that same piercing is allowed to be worn at my job with no problem. I think that people are slowly getting used to facial piercings now that they are more common. I agree that people covering their face with 6 different piercings is over the top and not attractive, however, if someone has a tasteful stud in their lip or nose or eyebrow, so long as they are clean and neat and professional, I see no reason why there should be a problem with it. In 10 years, facial piercings will be as common and accepted as earrings...

olympus

5 Year Member
I have nine visible tattoos on both of my arms, and I work for the State of New Jersey Lottery Commission. I get the chance to go to other states to have meetings with corporate officials and I interact with people from different walks of life on a day to day basis and none of them have a problem with my tattoos. I get judged by work performance not by how many tattoos I have. One time my supervisor even asked where did I get my sons foot prints so that he could get something similar.

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
I've got a tattoo myself. I don't have a problem with tattoos. I would much rather deal with a tattooed person than a pierced one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fanderson9214