• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Got it done!

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
PuffDragon said:
USA_declaration_of_independence.jpg
Puffy this document has been perverted in sooo may was. Yeah it's a free country . You can do what you want . We all can to a point. But this has nothing to do with the way people perceive A face full of metal and holes. No one is judging anyone. If they were they'd say your going to hell for the piercings. Just because we have the Declaration of Independence. Doesn't mean people are going to accept anything a person wants to do. All I can say is that you kids need to realize. You are the ones that have to live with your actions.
You guys post this stuff on a public forum. You might like it but you can't force anyone to accept it. That's part of being free also. If you don't like negative comments then. Keep stuff like this off a public forum . Unless your mature enough to accept the comments made.

RehabRalphy

5 Year Member
I have several tattoo's and I work at a hospital. They knew that I had them at the interview as well. But, someones appearance shouldn't be how they are judged for a job. Peoples talents are what counts. If someone doesn't want to hire you because how you look, then the job isnt worth working at. Find somewhere that respects you for who you are, not what you look like...

Mvskokee

5 Year Member
i think that this was a very peaceful topic that got turned into a dramafest over what a hole. come on now i think we are a little more mature than this

Kazzy

5 Year Member
lol!!!!
Yes, you don't have to like piercings, but don't judge someone because they happen to like piercings. Heck, I get judged here as a freak because of my reptiles. Is that right?
THANK YOU REHAB!!!

nat

5 Year Member
awesome! lip piercings are one of the few I have yet to try, but I have held off due to the fact that I am worried about gum problems in that area. So jealous!

and while we are on the topic of piercings... the thing with nipple piercings is that the healing time is a loooonnnnngggg time. 6 months to a year on average. I know many people who didn't mind the initial pain of the piercing... but eventually took them out due to the fact that they take forever to heal and the achey pain that corrosponds with that healing makes them a less than desirable trait after awhile.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
What, do we need to lock another thread? As has been said before, respect each other and these types of threads will not get out of hand like this one.

Come on guys, we are all different, thats what makes life fun. I will not put up with these personal attacks, or attacking someone because they are different than you. That is the actions you see from a child that has not yet matured, however most of you are above that I would hope.

nat

5 Year Member
whoa I didn't read all of the drama associated with the piercing topic. Here's my stance on the issue that has worked really nicely in my life so far:

I have 8 tattoos, 4 of which are visable (2 of which I couldn't hid unless I wear gloves inside). I have also had many many piercings over the years, some considered extreme. I know that people out there judge people who are modified (whether it is right or wrong, it happens regardless). My stance on it has been this: I know I am a kick a$$ employee, I will work my butt off for you and I have awesome integrity. If you don't want to hire me, that's fine because I know there are many people out there who do. If you don't want me to serve you because of my piercings that is fine... your loss not mine because I am awesome at what I do. If an employer does not want to hire someone based on looks... that's their right good for them but in the end there are some employers out there missing out on some awesome staff.

I have yet to have an issue with my employment, which includes managerial positions and positions working with children for the government... job interviews in which I was told I would have to remove my piercings were declined and I happily moved on. Last time I checked several of those empoyers were having a really hard time finding quality staff and keeping staff.

After years of research both indepentantly and in university, I have come to realize that body modification in some degree or another is found in every single culture in the world. To me that suggests that piercings, tats, etc are not the exception to "normal" human behaviour and there seems to be part of the human condition to want to alter one's body in one form or another. With that in mind. I have also come to the conclusion that unmodified people are the exception to the rule and not the rule of "normality" (and I say that with a really light hearted undertone!)

the point of body modification (be it tats, piercings, plastic surgery, etc) is to make oneself comfortable in their own skin and at the end of the day, you have to make that decision based on what makes you happy with you. Sure there are going to be people out there that don't like what you have chosen to have done but that's one of the qualities of individuality. If we all liked the same thing, if what is beautiful to one was beautiful to everyone... we wouldn't have individuality to begin with.

in short after my rambling... such practices are a really individual and intimate matter and what is right, beautiful or normal cannot be packaged. I personally think beauty is found in uniqueness and that is one of the benefits of body modification!

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I have about 2 square feet of tattooed area on my body, itÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¾Ã?â??Ã?¢s hard to say how many I have. Technically only 3, but thatÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¾Ã?â??Ã?¢s only after IÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¾Ã?â??Ã?¢ve tied a few of them together. The only piercing I have left are my nipples but IÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¾Ã?â??Ã?¢ve had several others in the pastÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦

At 33 years old IÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¾Ã?â??Ã?¢ve very glad I had the foresight to keep all my ink under my T-shirt. My current boss was really shocked when he saw me without a shirt on one day. He said I Ã?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Â¦Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?â??didnÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¾Ã?â??Ã?¢t seem like that typeÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
That was my point. You did word it much better than I did. I don't mind tattoos. I don't mind piercings. Just not on the face. Nipples , butt cheeks, or other areas not visible are sometimes a nice surprise. Well maybe not the butt cheeks. LOL But the other spots . Hell yeah I'm all for it. But leave the face alone. That was really all i meant. A couple of folks took offense so I went with it. Just remember Freedom is a 2 way street.

CoexistExotics

5 Year Member
nat said:
awesome! lip piercings are one of the few I have yet to try, but I have held off due to the fact that I am worried about gum problems in that area. So jealous!

and while we are on the topic of piercings... the thing with nipple piercings is that the healing time is a loooonnnnngggg time. 6 months to a year on average. I know many people who didn't mind the initial pain of the piercing... but eventually took them out due to the fact that they take forever to heal and the achey pain that corrosponds with that healing makes them a less than desirable trait after awhile.

Though I only got my nipple piercings last August and they just recently finished healing, the painful healing ended after about 2 weeks. The rest of the healing process was just that scabby stuff, and it would only hurt if they got pulled on really hard...

nat

5 Year Member
CoexistExotics said:
Though I only got my nipple piercings last August and they just recently finished healing, the painful healing ended after about 2 weeks. The rest of the healing process was just that scabby stuff, and it would only hurt if they got pulled on really hard...

then you are one of the lucky ones! I think most of the time, piercings would heal well if they aren't bumped, etc but most people are either clutzy (like me) and / or have jobs that involve some sort of regular physical activity (also like me) which results in a lot of bumps, etc. I took mine out twice because I just couldn't stop them from getting bumped, hit, etc. Also, some people are really sensitive to healing and any stress or hormonal changes affects the piercing site (causing it to flare up, etc).

good to know you had a minimal problem healing period!

Kazzy

5 Year Member
So...I was in the tattoo shop where I got my lip pierced today with my friends because my buddy decided to get the same thing (agh...I started a trend...lol) and my friend Andrea and I basically promised the artist/piercer guy that the next time Andrea's in town we are both going in to get our nipples pierced...uh oh. lol! She said she would if I would, so looks like in about a week I'm getting my nipples pierced. lol!

nat

5 Year Member
ouch bad time! Hope you don't like swimming in the summer, etc because you are going to have to keep those things extra clean for months to come! I always preferred the winter months when it wasn't so likely that I would get them injured or infected with all the outdoor activities.

jimski427

5 Year Member
kazzy sweet lip piercing, i like piercings. i had my nipple done. it didn't hurt at all. i mean initially it hurt, but the pain went away almost instantly. although i do like piercings, there are those narrow minded individuals that wont hire someone that could be over qualified for a job, just because of their appearance. the only thing with piercings is that there really isn't much "individuality" with a piercing... you get the same piercings millions of people already have. so you are kind of trading one crowd for another crowd basically. but hey, if thats what you want to do, more power to you. i just prefer something actually unique like tattoos.... which i have :) seeing how my brother is a tattoo artist... i only have one though. can't decide on what i want next. i don't want some meaningless tattoo. well, seeing how i kind of went off track a tad, i will return to topic. kazzy sweet piercing, do what you want.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fanderson9214