• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

how young

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
If you have what you say you have then that's great, we have another member that may have more experience and different insight then others.

But I don't see anything funny about it an introduction, other than forum etiquette is just plain old common courtesy.

Bntegus

yes it is the right thing to do. i didnt laugh about the endro just how this thread has turned all over the place. also i never said i know more then anybody else. to dana i feed over 100 rats a week and some mice and no they are not tame. 1.1 albinos i have are ch from ron in 2000 and the other 2 are from me as hold backs i do have some wild bw from florida.

Bntegus

im just trying this to see if i can put pics on here im not good with computers. this is a red that a have bread with a male red to a albino female and this is what you get lol. he is 4 months old.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Bntegus said:
im just trying this to see if i can put pics on here im not good with computers. this is a red that a have bread with a male red to a albino female and this is what you get lol. he is 4 months old.

Looks like an ordinary red to me.

Bntegus

it is that is what happens. here is one of my blues he is just under 2years old and one of my bw that is 3 or so i cant go outside and take pics because it is raining so i will when i can.
here is a blue

sorry not good at this

Wil

5 Year Member
Bntegus said:
it is that is what happens. here is one of my blues he is just under 2years old and one of my bw that is 3 or so i cant go outside and take pics because it is raining so i will when i can.
here is a blue

sorry not good at this

That doesn't look like a blue. Do you have some pics of your albinos?

Bntegus

wow what does he look like. and man i went and put a couple pics and the crap is starting again. i think i will just stick with what i do and not come on here. all you people want is pics does that teach you anything they are just pictures now we are going back to lets believe everything the books says because the book has bread tegus lol oh and bobby. nothing against bobby i will start a thread about the things i feel about that. and then i will show real pics and proof this thread was never about what i have done or do so i think i will start new sh$$

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
[size=small]Why so defensive?

The red pic is understandable some times it takes a couple of breeding's before you get a visual albino which is why there are hets. But the Blue pics you posted look like b&w's especially the first one, no doubt is a b&W.

The second one on the other hand, is very nice but also hard to tell, mistakes happen, could've clicked on the wrong pic but better pics would be nice.
[/size]

Wil

5 Year Member
Bntegus said:
wow what does he look like. and man i went and put a couple pics and the crap is starting again. i think i will just stick with what i do and not come on here. all you people want is pics does that teach you anything they are just pictures now we are going back to lets believe everything the books says because the book has bread tegus lol oh and bobby. nothing against bobby i will start a thread about the things i feel about that. and then i will show real pics and proof this thread was never about what i have done or do so i think i will start new sh$$

He looks like a black and white, chacoan, extreme. What ever people want to label it. I see no characteristics of a blue.

Now to the original topic. To breed a tegu under a year old could be possible but I wouldn't say the norm. Now, the whole 3 year rule isn't a rule at all, it is more of a guideline. There is no studies that I am aware of on the effects of a young females body or lifespan if bred at what is considered too young.

Bntegu, why get upset? You posted that you have supposedly bred 2 females before they were 1 year olds. You post no proof or findings of it and you question people when they ask for the proof. You and you alone divulge the number of tegus you have and then you get uptight when people want to see pictures.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Bntegus said:

you see thats the thing we cant see anything over the internet so when people make claims pics usually help back up their points, you getting defensive because people dont agree with your methods and voicing there opinions is doing nothing at all, you can create as many threads as you like about bobby hill but in the end who are you really hurting? bobby has sucessfully bred thousands of tegus and is still a reputable breeder even after last years fiasco, i bought up my points from discussions with him because face it he know's tegus, you can disagree, also with wil this guy is another reputable breeder, he merely made a statement that it didnt look like a blue to him, so please stop trying to acting like you are a victim of bashing, no one called you out your name or anything derorgitory, the original post was about a yearling tegu breeding and people responded, what did you expect people would give you kudo's for breeding a tegu that young?

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
[size=small]This whole thing smells familiar,.. I have this and that, then not posting pics or proof, getting upset when people ask for it and then disappearing for a while. But I can't find the thread.[/size]

Bntegus

look i never tried to breed at one year it just happened that was the start of all this and then it just went out of control what proof do i have to show about that. and the pic of the tegu is a het albino blue im 100%. im sure he is not from bobby. he was bread from blues that are 8 years old that i have had since hatched. im not getting upset it is that every time someone new comes on here there is a hand full that just bash on people and have no clue what they are talking about im sure some wont like to read that but there is a lot that will agree with me.
Bubblz Calhoun said:
[size=small]This whole thing smells familiar,.. I have this and that, then not posting pics or proof, getting upset when people ask for it and then disappearing for a while. But I can't find the thread.[/size]

yes that was me i posted about bobby feelings about albinos and blues that they live just as healthy as the rest of tegus. and all they wanted was pics and all i said was my feelings so it all comes down to pics even if i ask a question or state my feelings about something.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Pics help prove your claim, i can claim i have 2 tegus, without pics how i can i actually prove to someone i actually have 2 tegus, theres no need for defense

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
wil said:
Bntegus said:
here is a blue

sorry not good at this

Are you saying it doesn't look like a blue due to the missing "teardrop"? I haven't seen many blues myself, but the silvery coloring of this one screams blue to me. Is the proof somewhere that all blues have the teardrop?
Bntegus said:

Do you have any of these possible het albino reds that have been bred to an albino to see if you can get albino reds?

Bntegus

yes i did state what i do have but i do not need to prove that on this thread. being that really has nothing to do with my question. and the only reason i did state what i have is because someone asked how breeding a tegu at one year would happen and i said because i have so many and the way i keep them so then everyone asks for pics i never just through it out there saying i have this many and cant prove it so when its time to prove i will.

maybe i should have asked what is the youngest a female tegus has laid eggs lol.
james.w said:
wil said:
Bntegus said:
here is a blue

sorry not good at this

Are you saying it doesn't look like a blue due to the missing "teardrop"? I haven't seen many blues myself, but the silvery coloring of this one screams blue to me. Is the proof somewhere that all blues have the teardrop?
Bntegus said:

Do you have any of these possible het albino reds that have been bred to an albino to see if you can get albino reds?
i will start a new threat about the reds with pics of them.

got10

Damn I thought I had alot of Gu's . I PRAY for winter time so i can save some damn money . This dudes got 25 more lizards to feed than I do .He needs to go the same route that i do when it comes down to feeding . The high white looked very nice though . I just hope that he didn't purchase it as a blue .
I am just interested in his housing set ups .I am having to build new cages and free roam my children during the warmer months . I suck at carpentry work.Hence the massive time spent free roaming . LOL.
I am just wondering if these are pets or revenue producing animals . And if they are , how many eggs are you/he putting out a year , because I have seem minimal breeding activity in my animals .Any tips from you would be appreciated on how to get them to "do the nasty".

Dana C

In the first place, try to imagine our curiosity. I asked for pictures because I would love to see how you house your Tegu's and pictures of them as well. When I joined this forum, members asked for pictures which I was excited about sending so everyone could see my babies. It was natural for them to want see them and for me to want to share them.
Most of us have a few reptiles but no where near, the 35 Tegus you say you have. I immediately thought, "Wow how does he feed them all"? Can they have enough human interaction to become and stay tame? Playing with 35 lizards daily has to be really hard. How does he house all of them?
As for the underage breeding, you seem to take exception to the comments of a few very experienced Tegu owners and breeders. When you say things like "I never tried to breed at one year, it just happened", you have to admit that it would send red flags up with a lot of people.
I have only owned as many as three at one time. I don't claim to be an expert but I can tell you that I have done the science. I have read every paper available on the internet about Tegus in captivity and in the wild. If I tried to give you my thoughts and you didn't like them well, that is up to you. You asked a closed end question to begin with. The answer the way you asked the question could only be "yes" or "no".
You have to admit you were looking for more feedback than just a yes or no, right? You got it and now you sound like you are mad because you actually got what you asked for, feed back.

kellen.watkins

im not sure if its a blue either, the high white/silver coloring screams blue no burnt nose or teardrop though, either way very nice tegu :) and breeding young i think as responsible pet owners tegus shouldn't be bred that young at the same time tegus know what they want better than we do and if a tegu breeds at one year old and is still healthy (and the offspring are too) i don't see anything wrong with it if anything that female is a beast lol

Bntegus

im not trying to be a d$ck i do not breed for the money and i dont breed everything just when they want to or i try something new. i will take pics it is raining i have some im not a pic person as you can see so i will go outside and get all the good stuff when it stops raining. i also have around 50 monitors and iguanas lol and i produce 5000 rats a month so yes i have a lot going on.
Dana C said:
In the first place, try to imagine our curiosity. I asked for pictures because I would love to see how you house your Tegu's and pictures of them as well. When I joined this forum, members asked for pictures which I was excited about sending so everyone could see my babies. It was natural for them to want see them and for me to want to share them.
Most of us have a few reptiles but no where near, the 35 Tegus you say you have. I immediately thought, "Wow how does he feed them all"? Can they have enough human interaction to become and stay tame? Playing with 35 lizards daily has to be really hard. How does he house all of them?
As for the underage breeding, you seem to take exception to the comments of a few very experienced Tegu owners and breeders. When you say things like "I never tried to breed at one year, it just happened", you have to admit that it would send red flags up with a lot of people.
I have only owned as many as three at one time. I don't claim to be an expert but I can tell you that I have done the science. I have read every paper available on the internet about Tegus in captivity and in the wild. If I tried to give you my thoughts and you didn't like them well, that is up to you. You asked a closed end question to begin with. The answer the way you asked the question could only be "yes" or "no".
You have to admit you were looking for more feedback than just a yes or no, right? You got it and now you sound like you are mad because you actually got what you asked for, feed back.

yes dana i did ask the wrong way i do under stand that thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980