• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

how young

Bntegus

wil said:
Then he would be 100% het albino.

that is was i tried to say from the start but he is not until he can prove it to me i will take better pics and start a new post if i start all the post people want me to i will never here the end of it lol one at a time thanks billy.

Wil

5 Year Member
What is there to prove? If the sire was an albino and the mother a normal than all offspring are 100% heterozygous for albino. Two hets bred together would result in each egg having 25% chance of being normal (not carry the albino allele), 50% chance of being 100% heterozygous, and 25% chance of being homozygous (albino). Recessive genes such as albinism is pretty much straight forward, cut and dry.

Bntegus

wil said:
What is there to prove? If the sire was an albino and the mother a normal than all offspring are 100% heterozygous for albino. Two hets bred together would result in each egg having 25% chance of being normal (not carry the albino allele), 50% chance of being 100% heterozygous, and 25% chance of being homozygous (albino). Recessive genes such as albinism is pretty much straight forward, cut and dry.
all im saying is until i see the babies i dont care what i think it is or no it is. thanks billy.

Bntegus

lol i have some really good threads to start. if i post pics of my blues they will just say there are bw lol i started to post pics and then the sh$t talking starts.

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
Ignore them lol it's the internet, if that's really the best thing they have to do then I don't know what to say, since their opinion on YOUR tegus doesn't really matter or help anyone. Some of us would like to see your tegus just because we enjoy seeing them, not as "proof".

frost

1,000+ Post Club
the internet is not a good place for rational thinking. not this forum in particular but online games bring out peoples inner a$$ hole. people say things online sometime that they would never dream of saying in person. this forum is pretty good about being polite and not just deliberatly trying to bring someone down. i think a big part of people being offended is that they sometimes dont say the whole thought but only a fraction. then things come accross differently then what the person originally intended, and i think that is why there are fights that break out on here.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The farther the thread from the norm, the more circular the logic, or out of character responses from members will make the view count go higher.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam