• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

I Want To Adopt A Tegu... Need Advice!!!

JustAnotherHerper

Hello all, I am 15 years old and currently have 1 reptile: a clown agama. I've had my clown agama for 4 years now and I am looking to expand my reptile "collection". I saw a columbian tegu at a reptile expo this winter and I fell in love with it (I did not buy it on the spot because I wasn't ready to suddenly adopt such an animal). I have done lots and lots of research and I continue to do some every night about this animal and its needs. I am planning on making a 6' wide, 3' deep and 2' high enclosure. I am predicting to feed him a big variety of meats and fruits but mostly cat food and frozen mice (obviously the proper size). Does anybody have any tips/recommendations? Anything will help thank you!

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Wise not to pounce. Check out rhe many threads here as many members keep teguixin. Fruits and frozen mice should do it. Some organ meat and high quality dog food.

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Good to see you didn't dive straight in like most would do...... I have a colombian gold around 16 month old I think so if you need to ask please feel free:D

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hoeiyehi