• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Looking for Ideas on the tegu give away contest?

slideaboot

5 Year Member
Jefroka said:
The caption contest sounds like a lot of fun!

...Jefroka

Agreed. The whole "who can build the raddest cage" proposal is cool because it's directly related to tegus, but it's not necessarily realistic either. Hell, we could all design some sort of five-thousand dollar cage on paper, but that doesn't make it a realistic build-project. Also, there's plenty of "what do you think of my cage design" already going on in the enclosures and housing forum.

The caption contest gives us something new to do around here (some of us are over the whole cage design aspect because they already have cages designed and don't really have motivation to build / design another).

Maybe we should have a contest on who can design the best contest? <-----Pure jest.

Bobby1220

I really liked the art contest idea, having people express their love for their animal through painting, singing, sculpting, etc...I think would make for an interesting and challenging contest.

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Hippo said:
rhetoricx said:
Did you guys ever decide on anything?

i think they already did the contest someone named marky won i think

Huh? Isn't the contest always held here on Tegutalk? And he(Varnyard) doesn't even have any hatchlings yet, not to mention from the looks of this thread we really haven't came to a mutual decision.

Unless of course by "Marky" you mean yourself and your joking or something lol.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Bobby's annual contest has not been held yet. As far as I know we still need to choose a contest method. I vote for something that takes a bit of effort, promotes TeguTalk.com and Tegus in general, and anyone should be able to enter.

slideaboot

5 Year Member
Maybe the powers that be could start a thread / poll with a couple of the options we've discussed and we could all vote for our preferred contest before a pre-determined deadline. Otherwise, this thread will never die and we'll never have a contest.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Josh's comment " takes a bit of effort, promotes TeguTalk.com and Tegus in general, and anyone should be able to enter" just reminded me of something that takes quite a bit of effort and anyone can do it.

A Scavenger Hunt

With task requests and items that involve the internet as well as the public.
We can have a thread where members come up with items, requests and things to do before hand.
After that's decided there should be a limit of how many tasks can be completed by using the internet.

I remembered a radio station that had one (for concert tickets, money or something) and one of the tasks was that you had to be seen on tv with a sign promoting the station. Lol,... you practically couldn't watch the news with out somebody popping up some where.

wildartist

5 Year Member
I suggest an online BINGO or Puzzle: Have a signup due-date, with detailed info sent to Bobby; On a pre-set date, have several questions sent out, only about the Tegu,and the correct answers get a corresponding letter for the BINGO card.
On the final date, whomever gets all the letters (or answers)- BINGO... You've won a beautiful Tegu!
Just a thought, although the information idea would be cool- simply for the fact that there aren't that many facts about Tegus out there...

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Josh said:
OK - I will mull over our options and decide then! :):)
Stay tuned!!

Sounds good, Josh you are more than welcome to figure out a good plan. :)

Also, there will be a contest, and there will be a tegu given away this season....!!!

GraphiK

5 Year Member
What about the best reptile video? The videos could be posted to youtube with a link back to TeguTalk, youtube generates an insane amount of traffic so it would be a great way to advertise the site as well as a pretty fun contest to participate in!

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'm leaning towards the tegu photo caption contest. I will email bobby to see what he thinks. The photo doesn't have to be your own. The caption does have to be your own words. Anyone can submit and we'll all vote to determine the best one. You must be registered BEFORE the contest starts to be eligible, so if you know someone who's interested, tell them NOW!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602