• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

lost tegu :( hellppp

WildlifeLover429

Oh my, reallly? :( dont give up ok! At least your sure he's in your house somewhere... once my tegu that I had a few years back escaped I thought I lost him forever, until one day my neighbor knocked on my door and said "didnt you have lizard?" and i was like "...yeeeees" lol and he was like "well its in my garage hiding"

I found him and brought him home that day :D He grew to 2ft while gone!

DINT GIVE UP ON YOUR LIL BUDDY!

Max713

I would be no where near as patient as you... All my cabinets would be out of my kitchen in a second!

I wish you the best of luck!!!

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
The good news is that he did come out at least one time. So if everything is quiet I'm sure he will come out again ;) . I wouldn't bother getting a trap. You don't want him to get hurt. It might take a little while before he comes back out since he just ate and he is scared. Good luck and thank you for keeping us posted.

cote.emma

The trap I got wouldnt hurt him at all, he didnt eat yesterday so I have a good feeling he will come out to get food, we have kept it pretty quiet in the kitchen so we wouldnt scare him anymore, I sm crossing my fingers!

Riplee

5 Year Member
I had same experience 3 years ago. It spent 10 days to came out. Just block ur room. U will get it.

WildlifeLover429

Are you serious?? Is there a chance he could have gone outside? maybe in your attic where its nice and warm? im not sure how he would get up there but hey never hurts to check. Hear any noises? I suggest seriously looking throughout your house whenever you can. :(

hangtown530

Wow this is terrible...a week and no signs of your little guy? What's the latest on this matter? I'll be rooting for you. Hopefully you get him back. How old is he?

cote.emma

I dont think there is much of a chance he got outside, I sure hope he didnt, it is still pretty cold out. He is only a few months old, I just got him :( I havent heard him at all, do you think possibly he could be in hibernation mode?

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Is there any way he got out from the cabinet you saw him in and is somewhere else in the house? If you are certain he is in that specific cabinet he will come out for food/heat eventually. If he got out he could be anywhere, check under fridge, dishwasher, washer, dryer, stove. Look for any other holes in walls/cabinets that he could have got into.

cote.emma

Yeah, I really dont think that he is in that same spot anymore, and I check everyday in random spots but still no sign of him :(

entropy

:( Like I said, I lost mine for a whole week once (7-8 days) and my boyfriend lost his for a week as well. Mine just came out one day when I had given up... so, there's still hope.

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
I'm sorry to hear that you still didn't get him back yet. I would recommend looking in places that are warm. Like some mentioned behind the fridge ( we found ours there one time. But he was a big boy already ). They also like to lay down on extention cords. Look behind your entertainment center. Uncer the microwave cart if you have one ( a diffenrent Tegu of ours was there a few times ). Good luck ;) .

hanniebann

5 Year Member
When I lost my savannah for a couple days, we managed to finally find him... in the box spring of our bed. lol. And then another time he managed to get under and behind the dishwasher... Not warm places, but he seemed quite content both times we found him. don't give up!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980