• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New Enclosure and New Bed

rmzsuzuki89

Well I figured while Apophis is hibernating I would start on his/her new cage. As I was measuring things out, I realized that I was gonna loose about a quarter of my floorspace. Between my bed and the tegu cage, tv, desk, speakers, and such, I was looking at only about half of my room being walk-on-able floor. Then I had a bit of an idea.....On to the pictures.

1z2nkmh.jpg

s0xudh.jpg

f5dp1.jpg

2rfc5xl.jpg

m7dqwg.jpg

2cg1om.jpg

That's all I got done today, well with the help of my gf and dad. The bed part will be finished up pretty quickly, but the enclosure part may be drawn out over a few weeks because Apophis is in hibernation, so there's no real hurry.

G

I had a friend that did something like this for his tegu, it seemed to have worked great for him. Keep us updated with pictures as you finish it!

rmzsuzuki89

RHETORICx said:
I had a friend that did something like this for his tegu, it seemed to have worked great for him. Keep us updated with pictures as you finish it!

Ya, I'm hoping to get back to working on it tomorrow. I'm hoping to get the bed portion finished up maybe this week, and work on the enclosure portion little by little. We'll see how that goes lol.

G

that looks fantastic!, im actually in the middle of designing a similar cage set up but will more then likely be moving in july so ima hold off on my build. did u say the dimensions? im just curious what size matress that is cause ima be building mine with a queen, and actually hope to incooperate steps into it so i dont have the 3 foot jump lol

rmzsuzuki89

Mr Nice Guy said:
that looks fantastic!, im actually in the middle of designing a similar cage set up but will more then likely be moving in july so ima hold off on my build. did u say the dimensions? im just curious what size matress that is cause ima be building mine with a queen, and actually hope to incooperate steps into it so i dont have the 3 foot jump lol

Mine is a queen too. And I'm either gonna build a ladder, or just use a boat ladder, just haven't gotten that far yet lol.

MuddyRedneck

yeah i considered a ladder, but i got knee problems so a 3 foot high bed is already gonna be a trip, lol so i figure go the extra mile with the steps and then if i can do em right he can even use them as a hide. yours really does look good so far tho, cant wait to see the finished product. what is it like 8x4x3?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980