• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New Enclosure and New Bed

rmzsuzuki89

Did a little painting yesterday, and just got done doing a little work tonight. Not too sure why I decided to work on it so late haha.

2wd98gy.jpg

30wnucw.jpg

rievqt.jpg

mab03k.jpg

2wg7iir.jpg

2nlp8i.jpg

2qal3k5.jpg

8yc50k.jpg

14iz8mx.jpg

2gv9bue.jpg

2880fo0.jpg

There will be another 24" uvb bulb somewhere in the middle.
287hsgm.jpg

There will also be 3 more heat lamps for the basking spot.
4jnwpv.jpg

2aj5kif.jpg

1hwlf7.jpg

turtlepunk

wooowww!! its looking pretty awesome!!! I like how you kept the windows as windows and didnt turn them into doors!! seems like it saves you a little work. the wooden door seems much easier to make than having to measure exact measurements of glass/plexiglass to fit into a frame and what not. hmmm. nice idea!

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I also like the window/door setup. Only problem I see is can you reach the entire enclosure from the door or do you have to climb inside to get to the end?

adam1120

i wanted to nknow that ima big guy i dont think i will fit in there at all and if i uilt a bed like it i think i would break it lol but i like the idea it looks clean and neat like i like:D good job lets see it all setup and those plants:D

rmzsuzuki89

2vwxky0.jpg

jrg1o9.jpg

2en3ion.jpg

nbc61g.jpg

2ywg1v9.jpg

s13m1y.jpg

Just gotta screen the vents and mount the other two heat lamps, then just add the tegu haha. Also got a ReptiFogger and HydroTherm coming for the humidity control. I'll probably rig up some pvc pipe contraption to get relative distribution of humidity.

adam1120

you think it be a good idea to screw two of those tubs you used and use them like you did it be like a humid hide kinda you now what i mean?:D its looks good you should put a rock or something so he can bask:D

rmzsuzuki89

adam1120 said:
you think it be a good idea to screw two of those tubs you used and use them like you did it be like a humid hide kinda you now what i mean?:D its looks good you should put a rock or something so he can bask:D

I will be adding rocks and such tomorrow probably.

turtlepunk said:
lookin AWESOME!

Thanks

I'm a little worried though. I just realized that the mulch I got is cypress blend, and not pure cypress. So I'm not sure what the other "naturally harvested woods" are.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
rmzsuzuki89 said:
I'm a little worried though. I just realized that the mulch I got is cypress blend, and not pure cypress. So I'm not sure what the other "naturally harvested woods" are.

I noticed that on the bag as well. Is that all it says is "naturally harvested wood"?? I switched to just using a sand/soil mix because it is hard to find cypress here in Las Vegas. Only negative I have seen with the sand is that it weighs a ton. Cypress costs me $13 a bag and $10 for delivery for the entire order no matter how big or small. I got 8 15 gallon buckets of the sand/soil mix for $6.

rmzsuzuki89

james.w said:
rmzsuzuki89 said:

I noticed that on the bag as well. Is that all it says is "naturally harvested wood"?? I switched to just using a sand/soil mix because it is hard to find cypress here in Las Vegas. Only negative I have seen with the sand is that it weighs a ton. Cypress costs me $13 a bag and $10 for delivery for the entire order no matter how big or small. I got 8 15 gallon buckets of the sand/soil mix for $6.

It doesn't say anything on the bag, but it does online. And ya, that's all that it says.

And damn that sucks, I get it for less than $2 per bag haha.
But I got the other 2 heat lamps in.
1y4qav.jpg

22dy5g.jpg

2nowh4.jpg

t6crvr.jpg

5cj02b.jpg

adam1120 said:
it should say the blend on the bag in the front or bak

That's what I would think too, but I looked all over it and couldn't find it.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I wouldn't worry too much about the mulch, but one thing, make sure your lights are secured well. My gu insists on jumping up and trying to knock anything down that he can.

What type of plants are you using?? I need some ideas for my Melinus enclosure.

rmzsuzuki89

james.w said:
I wouldn't worry too much about the mulch, but one thing, make sure your lights are secured well. My gu insists on jumping up and trying to knock anything down that he can.

What type of plants are you using?? I need some ideas for my Melinus enclosure.

I had a beardie that had that same goal haha...And I'll see if I can find the little stub things that came in them.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Aww I love it! Is s/he in there all the time now? It must be fun watching him/her explore it all!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980