• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Occupation thread??

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
lol ya i love them wolves, i actully took a 6 month brake to work with tigers and other large cats, but the wolves called me back after that. Dont think i will ever work in an office if i can help it.

Little Wise Owl

5 Year Member
rhetoricx said:
Little Wise Owl said:
I will be graduating Sheridan College's Animal Care/Vet Assistant Program in April and will hopefully be working full time in a vet's office. I'm hoping to further my knowledge in animal nutrition seeing as that's what I'm studying on my own more than half the time as well as gain some experience at the well known reptile zoo in Vaughan, ON.

That sounds like fun! Any idea if you want to work in a herp vet clinic or cat/dog?

At the moment I'll be working for our family cat/dog/horse vet but I'd love to work at a herp or holistic/homeopathic vet office.

Bwindi

I am currently the reptile caretaker at North Dakota State University and in my third year of a zoology bachelors degree. When I'm not taking care of the herps, I work in a laboratory studying the flight metabolic rate of the leaf cutter bee. :)
chelvis said:
lol ya i love them wolves, i actully took a 6 month brake to work with tigers and other large cats, but the wolves called me back after that. Dont think i will ever work in an office if i can help it.

What wolf center do you work at? I am from Ely, MN and they have a great bear and wolf center!

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I work at the California Wolf Center, i mainly work with a group of Mexican Gray Wolves but we do have a pack of Alaskan grays as well. I have heard of the place out in Ely and have been told by many guest i should go and check it out. I had planned on it if i got into the Isle Royal project but i did not get in so not this year, maybe next year.

Ace

I'm an engineer, and a magician by night. I also volunteer for the Mecklenburg County Dept. of Conservation and Natural Resources, etc whenever they need me. This is what it takes to keep up with bills, lizard food, etc, as well as professional card magic (that being an expensive job with poor pay)

slideaboot

5 Year Member
I'm a high school English / Drama teacher during the day, lap steel guitar player at night. Check it... www.hotmesslovesyou.com

Moondust

Currently work at petsmart but Im also a student, working towards my bachelors in zoology, then once I get work in that feild I'll be going for my masters/phd

Gedy

I am studying to become a veterinarian. :) Really exciting, but six year university is hard working. got my year exams this month starting from monday .... nervous !

jmulley6

Medical field for the past 7 years, just got laid off from my job in medical research a few months ago.
need a career change, I've been doing graphic design for my boyfriend's development company . In the process of teaching myself web design..

entropy

Graduate research assistant. Starting on Ph.D in Chemistry next year if I can get all the paperwork organized on time.

RobK.

Drove truck ( local ) for 25 years in california , worked way too many hours ( 60 hour weeks ) ruined my back and neck . So i deicded to hang it up and retire at 50 and moved to Utah 6 years ago. Have not touched a truck since . Enjoy the driving but not the long crazy hours .

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam