• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Occupation thread??

Red Earth Exotics

5 Year Member
bee keeping is real interesting stuff. my great-uncle used to do it. best honey ever! his hives kept dieing off so he sold all his equipment a year or so ago.

RehabRalphy

5 Year Member
Schnab said:
I go to a french college and am studying in graphic design. It's kinda dull since everything we do is on Mac computers, but once I graduate, it's back to the good'ol fashioned paper'n pencils XD. Whenever I get the chance, I also do some airbrush.

Finally, another airbrush artist on the site. Pics of work? I mainly do auto work.

Heres a couple of mine

I dont do canvas that much, but heres what I cam up with
DSC00308.jpg

DSC00241.jpg

guitardragon1.jpg

PM for more pics ;)

Jefroka

5 Year Member
Red Earth Exotics said:
Jefroka said:
Wow! Really nice artwork.

Here's what I'm doing now

...Jefroka

it looks so cool when those bees swarm like that! how many hives to do you have?

I can only keep so many as I am busy removing them from people's houses and trees, bldgs, etc...

I usually try and keep my apiary to no more than 50 hives. I currently have 40 going at the moment.

...Jefroka

Red Earth Exotics

5 Year Member
Jefroka said:
Red Earth Exotics said:
Jefroka said:
Wow! Really nice artwork.

Here's what I'm doing now

...Jefroka

it looks so cool when those bees swarm like that! how many hives to do you have?

I can only keep so many as I am busy removing them from people's houses and trees, bldgs, etc...

I usually try and keep my apiary to no more than 50 hives. I currently have 40 going at the moment.

...Jefroka

Holy crap! 40 hives is a lot of work! Lot of good honey too though!

FoxxCola

5 Year Member
I'm currently in college to be an office administrator (exciting I know..) but I certainly like the idea of bee keeper :p

Jefroka

5 Year Member
RehabRalphy said:
Does your bee farm ever lead to infestations of your home or close by neighbors?

I've had a few swarms here and there that I was able to contain. I do my best to prevent swarming by giving them room and splitting the hives when and if swarm cells are seen.

Healthy hives will want to swarm, the key is to manage them and trick them, by splitting them, and simulating an artificial swarm, so as they think they've already swarmed.

To do this, the mated queen has to be moved to another box, along with brood and feed.

I also keep swarm traps handy in my apiaries which also help to catch swarms that made up their minds to leave.

...Jefroka

Turbine

5 Year Member
i was a full time high end auto tech for 13 years. Hated every minute of it. Then went back to school, got a job as a photographer while still in school. So now I work as a photographer and I crew a dive boat on the side.

kryptonitebarz

5 Year Member
My part time job is encoding adult films from the DVD format to the WMV format for an adult film website... I also write the description/title for each scene etc.
I am 30 credits shy of my bachelors in English Literature and Criticism (English is the only subject I'm good at besides the behavioral sciences). I stopped going to school, but I plan on going back in the spring. I am starting my own clothing company... check me out at
identifykings.com
myspace.com/identifykings
twitter.com/identifykings

k412

5 Year Member
So many smart and interesting people here!!!! Makes me like the forum even more!
Jeff makes me want honey and Sammy makes me want to toad on the couch watching Deadliest Catch OVER AND OVER! LOVE THAT SHOW!
I think I posted mine somewhere but not on this thread.
Animal Cop, sometimes it's great sometimes it's the saddest career choice ever.
Vet Tech for 6 years prior to my current career.

RehabRalphy

5 Year Member
kjphoto04 said:
Thanks Bobby! Its a LOT of money and time. Its like 250,000 to go to vet school for 4 years.
If I decide to I am planning on specializing in reptiles and maybe moving to Florida.

Scary, my schooling for MD is only $156,000

cornking4

5 Year Member
I hope to become an exotic animal vet, and currently hold an apprenticeship with the #1 vet here in phoenix that I will have until the end of high school. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029