• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Official Camilla thread with videos, pics, and updates

Midwestmonster

5 Year Member
Buddy is sleepy
Screenshot_2013-10-28-21-52-03.png

Buddy basking

IMG_20131030_160408_767.jpg

IMG_20131030_160357_963.jpg

Sleepy......

IMG_20131030_160353_651.jpg

Midwestmonster

5 Year Member
Buddy found his way into my blankets.

On a side note, I can't get over how smart he his. He usually will do his number 1 and 2 close together or at the same time. On recent occasions it's been one or the other. Well, he has truly shown he is potty trained to go in the bathroom. He went number 1 so I let him wonder around. He raced over to the bathroom to drop number 2. Couldn't believe it. He has done this a number of times now. He is truly a smart animal!

millyme11

How old is buddy at the moment? My Tegu was a rescue that was abused by her past owners and they are never had a UV in the tank so she is smaller than she should be and since I got her a year ago she has grown from 11 inches to 28 inches, is she growing too slowly or is that about right? I dont think she will get to the length she should do. Any advice? :)

Midwestmonster

5 Year Member
Buddy was born Oct 2012 and is a bit past 3ft. He is gaining more girth now. Seems like some part of him is shedding every week. He's a chacoan so they tend to get bigger from what I heard....

Mine hibernated before I adopted him, but not this winter. I heard that is a huge factor in size. Has yours hibernated every winter? What is your diet for her? Lack of uvb could be an issue too, not really sure.

millyme11

Earlier this year it seemed like she was hibernating but only for about 2 weeks where she constantly slept and wouldn't eat but she kept moving where she was sleeping so I dont know if she was or not. I usually feed her on mice, eggs, various fruit, chicken, and occasionally fish. I've almost had her a year but like I said, she had past owners for a short time that didn't look after her. It took me more than a few months before she would even let me stroke her because of how they were with her. She's even missing the end of her tail :(

Midwestmonster

5 Year Member
Well it sounds like she's in a good home now with you and is doing well. Healthy and a good temperament is most important. It's a shame the previous owners were so cruel. Start a thread and post some pics of your friend. I'd love to see them.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam