• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Sheding

dorton

5 Year Member
VARNYARD said:
DaveDragon said:
Enlighten me. Did you rub it on him or give it to him orally?? I'm guessing rubbed but you said it helped in defecation?? We've rubbed on olive oil to stuck shed on their feet.

It is added to the ground turkey, and fed once a week. ;)

Thanks, I was curious myself!

olympus

5 Year Member
No it has to be given orally. A tablespoon in or on the food. In the turkey and on the rat. When i feed my tegu a rat I place the rat in a container a pour the tablespoon of liver oil on the rat. Close the container, shake it a serve..

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Maybe I need to get me a shot of it then. I may have to try that with some smaller lizards . Do you think it would bother say a gecko. I've got one that just won't shed good no matter what.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
olympus said:
When i feed my tegu a rat I place the rat in a container a pour the tablespoon of liver oil on the rat. Close the container, shake it a serve..
OOH!! That could be messy! I feed them their rodents in a bowl in the kitchen like a dog. They tend to play with their food and throw/drop it a few times.

Every day or once a week?

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
IMG_0671.jpg
I love how they look like little gloves! LOL

Good information to try in the future if ever needed. Glad your girl is doing good.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I finally found cod liver oil at GNC. Man that stuff is hard to find!! It's mostly in capsule form. One drug store had the liquid in mint flavor. I didn't think the Tegu's would appreciate mint flavor.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me