• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Sugar water not working for prolapse

gowhitesox11

Don't know what to do my tegu prolapsed yesterday but I don't have the money to take him to a vet nor is there one by me rn and the sugar water isn't working for the last bit the majority of it went back in its just the last little part that is struggling I just want my baby ok

Yvonne G

Administrator
5 Year Member
Lubricate the area with mineral oil then GENTLY try to push the prolapse back inside. Work slowly and gently. If you get it back inside you may have to hold it there until he stops pushing.

Getting the prolapse back inside is not the whole problem. You have to figure out why it happened in the first place - constipated, kidney/bladder stones, if female, egg bound. The reason for the prolapse needs to be corrected or it will continue to happen.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam