• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu butt scooting excessively

clydeballthepython

So my tegu Gilbert has been pacing around my room for the last little bit scooting his butt on the ground. He usually does this immediately after pooping, but he hadn't passed anything when I first noticed this behavior. I was immediately worried about impaction/constipation as I gave him cut up turkey necks for the first time recently. I soaked him in my bathtub and he did poop, but continued the butt scooting after I took him out. He is now currently hiding under a cabinet but I can still hear him wriggling around under there.
I'm going to keep monitoring and if anything changes for the worse I'll take him to a vet, but does anyone have an idea of what this could be?

His basking spot is 105-115 F, and he has a heat mat in a hide set at 95 F. He typically gets eggs, ground turkey, and the occasional refused mouse from my snakes, as well as a variety of fruits/veggies. I recently found some raw turkey necks and cut them into appropriate bite sized pieces to add some variety, so I'm wondering if this has anything to do with it.

The stool he passed while soaking didn't seem to have anything abnormal about it, but I don't normally study his poop that closely so I can't be 100% sure.

Thanks so much!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029