• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu give away contest!!

bored_gurl9023

5 Year Member
Some other people, like me, are essay retarded.. Haha. Hmm.. Regardless, my tegu will more than likely come from him soo... A free one would be wonderful! Hope a decision is made. I'll write an essay if I have to. I can do alright when I put my mind to it.. But would he really want to read a bunch of essays?

ChristopherDayton

5 Year Member
i think a contest is a great idea! though I would like to see it fairly open.. I think expressing why you want to get/ deserve the prize in a number of ways.. that way everyone can participate in an area they are comfortable with. like some pictures and a story.. or logo designs or essays. whatever is your best way to put your effort forth. I also fully agree that it shouldnt be limited to actual Tegu owners lol if anything I think the deserving and devoted aspiring owners should get some priority if they can prove themselves. but either way its a great idea and I look forward to seeing it all come about :)

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well, breeding season IS upon us... :p\
Lizard sex is in the air! You can almost smell it! \

o.o

angelrose

5 Year Member
put all the names in an enclosure and the first one that a tegu sits on wins :rofl anything :-D and video tape it 8)

bored_gurl9023

5 Year Member
Free Tegu or no Free Tegu, I am buying one of VarnYard's this year! Unless he has none or he runs out before I preorder! Haha. Free would be WONDERFUL though!

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You guys are too funny, I like the way of thinking many of you have. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think I a going to lean towards the essays again this season. Then I know the new owner will know the proper care. :)

And just a little something to make your mouths water:

693124-1.jpg

DSCN2042sm.jpg

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
bored_gurl9023 said:
:( That's just torture! Such cuteness... If one happened to go missing, would you notice? Haha.
SHHHHHH your not sopose to say anything!!!

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I like the essay idea.

Hey Bobby, will it be an extreme, red, or black and white? :)

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
So is the essay idea confirmed?

What are the specs of the essayÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦ 1 page, 10 fontÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦ 5,000 wordsÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦ give me a range and I can talk through itÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦

Then what is the essay topic? Tegus in generalÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦ Care sheetÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦ Overview of TegusÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦ Can we pick our own topic as long as it is about Tegus?

I would lean against a Care SheetÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦ there are enough of them out there and regurgitating the same information over and over in slightly different wording isnÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¾Ã?â??Ã?¢t that impressive nor complicated. Give us something that involved a little researchÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦

Also a Ã?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Â¦Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?â??Care SheetÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Is everyone ready for the tegu give away contest? Thats right, TeguTalk.com and Varnyard Herps Inc. are going to give away a free tegu hatchling. The winner gets the choice of sex. The Argentine baby will be one straight out of my stock.

The only requirements are, is that you live in the lower 48 states and you are an active member on TeguTalk.com, if you are a younger member, please check with your parents before entering. I want them to be aware of the chance of you winning a large pet. :)

Ok guys, here we go. This is going to be a contest based on essays. What does this mean, well I want you to tell me all about tegus. None of this information can be copied and pasted or used from any outside sources, including TeguTalk.com or Varnyard Herps, Inc. I do not want to see altered care sheet or info with a few words changed. This must be in your own words. This will also be based on age, I will not expect the younger members to be as correct as the older ones. It will matter how much work you put into it. There is no limit on words or pages, it is based on how well you do your homework. :)

I also want you to tell me why you want to own one of the tamest lizards in the world, as well as why you deserve one.

Winner must pay shipping for the overnight package through DHL.

Send them to: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->

Oh one more thing, you can only submit one, so make them count. IMO, this is a fair way to do this, then I know the new owner has done the homework, and knows how to care for a tegu.

The winner gets a baby out of of my stock!! :)

The Contest Starts Now!! And the contest ends July first at 12pm EST.

Good luck everyone!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980