• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu give away contest!!

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I am still working my brain on this one, however, I am open to sugestions, lol

RehabRalphy

5 Year Member
I think it should be a themed based photo contest.

Reason being this is because not everyone has the ability to take the perfect picture. Not everyone can afford the expensive equipment to produce the best picture.

Now, people can have the creativity to think of good themes of how to take the pictures, not just the quality of the picture.

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
That's a good point Rehabralphy, just because someone has a better camera doesn't mean they should win.

I liked the essay idea last time.

AB^

5 Year Member
On another website I frequent they have monthly photo contests, the winner each month gets to decide the theme for the next month's contest

hghjim

5 Year Member
RehabRalphy said:
I think it should be a themed based photo contest.

Reason being this is because not everyone has the ability to take the perfect picture. Not everyone can afford the expensive equipment to produce the best picture.

Now, people can have the creativity to think of good themes of how to take the pictures, not just the quality of the picture.

The compostion quality of the photo is in the eye of the photographer, and has absolutly nothing to do with the price of the camera. Sometimes I get better photos with my point and shoot then I do w/ my Nikon ( which I still cant figure how to use to well - LOL )

RehabRalphy

5 Year Member
Yes but you wont always get the same quality of photo (not talking about the camera angle) with the same equipment.

Not everyone can take perfect pictures. Not even people with expensive gear.

hghjim

5 Year Member
RehabRalphy said:
Yes but you wont always get the same quality of photo (not talking about the camera angle) with the same equipment.

Not everyone can take perfect pictures. Not even people with expensive gear.

Once again I would have to disagree.
I have a Kodak point and shoot and I also have a Nikon D80 ...shot for shot I get better pics w/ the Kodak than I do w/ the Nikon ( but I am getting better :wink: )

When you say "perfect pictures" what are you reffering to ?

In a previous post you said ...

When using my Nikon, I have to take 100's of pics to get a few good ones.

Maybe Bobby can add a Photography Forum :idea:

DaremoAlpha

5 Year Member
Bah exempt to Canadians takes all the fun out of beating a bunch of Yankee's hahaha :lol:

But I think one of your contests should be best looking set of scars caused by hand feeding a sleeping tegu a f/t rat

Der-Boa-Lieber

5 Year Member
Theme is a good way of doing it, i love to see the ideas people have for themes.

You could always let your Tegu pose infront of your computer with this forum in the back ground.

Out side pictures

Pictures of there head

Tail

In cage pictures

with the owner picture

mouth open picture

Tongue flicking picture

wearing sunglasses picture 8)

there is alot of things you can do with themes!

G

Der-Boa-Lieber said:
Theme is a good way of doing it, i love to see the ideas people have for themes.

You could always let your Tegu pose infront of your computer with this forum in the back ground.

Out side pictures

Pictures of there head

Tail

In cage pictures

with the owner picture

mouth open picture

Tongue flicking picture

wearing sunglasses picture 8)

there is alot of things you can do with themes!

Apollo smoking a cigarette with a bottle of JD.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980