• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu was DOA

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I asked them about it. this is their response:
  • Laura Roberts
    A member of our tegu forum posted a video of a tegu (T teguixin) that was DOA, shipped by you guys. It was obviously drop-shipped since it shipped from FL, and arrived in sub-standard packaging. Did he send you the video? He claims that you replaced the tegu but charged him for shipping again. It surprises me that a store with your reputation wouldn't offer better service. So I thought I'd ask you about it first-hand. Do you drop ship animals and do you not have minimum shipping requirements?
    Laura Roberts

• Thursday
  • 2:53pm
    Big Apple Pet Supply
    Our breeding facility is located in Florida- our product warehouse is in NY. In this case which that customer fails to mention is that UPS delivered this package to the wrong house in the early morning and it was left outside in the direct sun where temperatures were already over 100 degrees. Upon us calling UPS, UPS contacted the driver and redelivered the package to the correct address later in the late afternoon. We asked for the customer to call us upon receipt of the package to let us know the status. He did and he requested we reship a replacement and understood the policy. We offer a live arrival and 3 day health guarantee on all of our reptiles which is posted on our webpage of all animals and on the customer service policy, we clearly indicate that shipping is not covered under the guarantee. All customers are provided this guarantee for them to read prior to them being able to submit their order.
  • 5:06pm
    Laura Roberts
    Thank you for your reply. He did mention UPS delivered to the wrong address; very unfortunate.

ArizonaTegu

I asked them about it. this is their response:
  • Laura Roberts
    A member of our tegu forum posted a video of a tegu (T teguixin) that was DOA, shipped by you guys. It was obviously drop-shipped since it shipped from FL, and arrived in sub-standard packaging. Did he send you the video? He claims that you replaced the tegu but charged him for shipping again. It surprises me that a store with your reputation wouldn't offer better service. So I thought I'd ask you about it first-hand. Do you drop ship animals and do you not have minimum shipping requirements?
    Laura Roberts

• Thursday
  • 2:53pm

Big Apple Pet Supply
    Our breeding facility is located in Florida- our product warehouse is in NY. In this case which that customer fails to mention is that UPS delivered this package to the wrong house in the early morning and it was left outside in the direct sun where temperatures were already over 100 degrees. Upon us calling UPS, UPS contacted the driver and redelivered the package to the correct address later in the late afternoon. We asked for the customer to call us upon receipt of the package to let us know the status. He did and he requested we reship a replacement and understood the policy. We offer a live arrival and 3 day health guarantee on all of our reptiles which is posted on our webpage of all animals and on the customer service policy, we clearly indicate that shipping is not covered under the guarantee. All customers are provided this guarantee for them to read prior to them being able to submit their order.
  • 5:06pm

Laura Roberts
    Thank you for your reply. He did mention UPS delivered to the wrong address; very unfortunate.
[/quote

I did not get the package later on in the late afternoon, I got it at 11:15am, and the current temp was 85F at that time. The Tegu was stiff, I think it died enroute to me. Big Apple, do not tell a lie, we both know when the correct time was when I got the package as it is in my report.

Aardbark

5 Year Member
That's definitely a BS reply if I ever heard one. Reguardless of UPS delivering it to the wrong address, the tegu was improperly packed. The packing in that video is more suited to shipping a cell phone, not a live creature. The box didn't even have any holes, or have a stamp on it saying 'Live Pet', or something. Maybe the UPS guy would have left it in the shade, or handled it more carefully if he knew there was something alive inside. Completely irrisponcible of them trying to place the blame on someone else.

ArizonaTegu

That's definitely a BS reply if I ever heard one. Reguardless of UPS delivering it to the wrong address, the tegu was improperly packed. The packing in that video is more suited to shipping a cell phone, not a live creature. The box didn't even have any holes, or have a stamp on it saying 'Live Pet', or something. Maybe the UPS guy would have left it in the shade, or handled it more carefully if he knew there was something alive inside. Completely irrisponcible of them trying to place the blame on someone else.

The package was left in the shade, I know as I saw the house where it was left, and as I said in my comment above, it was delivered at 11:15am, not late in the afternoon as they stated, and the temp was 85F, not over 100F. It also did say harmless live pet on the box, in small letters. AND, it says I had to sign for it, which never happened. I am upset over the numerous lies their comment had.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Fauna Classifieds is a large forum like this one, but huge. It has a forum for Board of Inquiry (BOI) where people can go and post or search for good and bad transactions. Posting transactions such as this serve as a warning to potential customers.

if you do choose to post on the BOI, they like to see lots of documentation such as tracking records, etc. They would want to see proof that it was delivered at 11:15 and no one signed for it. It is just to protect both parties so that claims aren't made on hearsay.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980