• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Temps

pinto24

5 Year Member
either way I would think vents are vents. they will let hot air our and help with air flow. I have never heard of that idea about vent placement, bu then again, Im learning new stuff everyday.

jacobsracing

5 Year Member
i run a big apple herp thermo for my heat source. I also have a digital thermo located where the probe is landed within the cage to double check the settings on the regulator. It is always spot on. The box cost 100 bucks online...

It also has a night drop adjustment so you can spin down the temp using an external timer. Works real nice. I run all my herp enclosured off these puppies. It gets a little expensive...but, there is a peace of mind knowing that the temps will be correct through the day. Just make sure the fixture you are using can be regulated. Some cannot.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I don't think it's the same temp all day long in the wild. A gradual increase in temp in the morning is normal, as long as it doesn't get too hot and the Tegu has a cool side (about 80 max) to go to. Our Family Room (basement) gets up to about 80 during the day and cools to mid 70's during the night. 400 watts of halogen lights will do that!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu