• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

This has been the longest four months.

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
Godzilla is up too

from Samsung Galaxy S3

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364223037703.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364223037703.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 21

Skeetzy

Ink is barely a foot I'd say. Just got him to eat two pinkies drizzled in yolk. He's a little shaky still. But he's out basking and gaining confidence.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Awwww :) cutie.

Niles ate chicken dipped in egg for me again today. So far wants nothing to do with beef liver or ground turkey. And he will only lick egg yolk out of the dish if I put it right under his nose. He won't touch the meat. I have to tong feed it to him. Little spoiled brat. Haha. ;)

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Glad to hear everyone is waking up. Keep it mind it takes a few days/weeks to get them back to eating normally. Their gut "shuts down" during hibernation and also needs time to wake up.

Skeetzy

I plan on feeding a mixture of dusted pinkies, and have some fresh meat coming in Wednesday from Hare-Today. Went with the coarse ground rabbit and turkey for this batch.

For those who order pinkies/rodents online, whats a good site? I was going to order off Rodent Pro, but not sure if there's a better site. Paying $1.25 each at my local store isn't going to fly for long. Especially with my cat trying to get a pinky to snack on whenever I thaw them out now.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Laura, are dusted pinkies more readily accepted than chicken in egg yolk when waking from hibernation? Will this trigger niles to gain back his appetite? The first acceptance of food was just plain egg yolk. Then chicken dipped in yolk. The other day he ate pretty much all of it but then refused anything then yesterday ate only a couple pieces. He really seems more interested in just licking the yolk off it. :/ also he never comes to dish to eat. I have to put it under his nose. Then he just licks the yolk. Any meat i have to dangle in front of him with tongs. I'm wondering about size too... i don't have pinkies but do have some frozen hoppers. I have fed these to my bearded dragon and cuban knights anole. I'm wondering if niles could eat one (would he?) Or if that's too big. He was 18in last I measured...before hibernation. I suppose I could try a hopper then if he's like "no way " could just give to someone else so it's not wasted...

Diablo

5 Year Member
Yoshi is doing the same thing, just licking the yolk off of whatever I offer to him. He did eat one super worm today but that was it. I'm just going to keep offering food everyday. Not sure what else to do besides maybe not offer anything for a while and wait till he is hungry.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
D, try a little Ox-Bow Carnivore Care mixed in with Niles egg yolk for a week or so.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Ok dubya, you've never steered me wrong yet :) today i cut a f/t hopper in half and drenched in egg yolk. We'll see what happens...

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Like I said before it will take some time before they get hungry again.

How long is too long for them to not eat? Or is there really no concern at all? It's been a week for me so far and this is my first tegu (17 months old)

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
chitodadon said:
Godzilla hunger is building up good

from Samsung Galaxy S3

Well, feed him then. He did get kind of skinny. But from the pics his tail is still sort of fat.

psychocircus91 said:
How long is too long for them to not eat? Or is there really no concern at all? It's been a week for me so far and this is my first tegu (17 months old)

As I told Batgirl1, try some raw egg yolk and maybe add a little Ox-Bow Carnivore Care to it. It should give a little jump start.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam