• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

This has been the longest four months.

anelk002

5 Year Member
Mine came out the other day ate a small hopper but has been down for two days again but at least he ate on his own.

Steven.

I just seen bans today for the first time since October... I jumped outta my bed and he ran back in his hide... Sigh.. At least he's awake..lol.. Hopefully i get to see him more often..

sent from my phone to your eyes

Steven.

So if I told you mine woke up, is eating, and shed three times, would you all be jelly? :) sorry :(

Lol.. Laura your awesome.. Its amazing how these our tegu are about an hour away from each other and yet operate on different tires regardless of weather.. Crazy weather we had so far uh?.. Hot then cold then hot again lol

Steven.

Bans comes out his hide.. But just lays in front of it... He doesn't go over in the hot area at all.. No basking... Eating.. Or drinking water...

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Egg yolk on a dish maybe will encourage him to start waking up to eat. It worked for niles :)

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Yes raw. It has been debated but it is actually fine for them to eat the raw yolk. Just scoop it out of the white. Some people actually give both yolk and white. I do not

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Niles is definitely 'different ' since up from hibernation. Now he goes in his hide instead of coming to me to come out. Also now all of a sudden when sitting on table or my lap he'll suddenly be like "omg I have to run over there! " and twice he ended up on the floor. Weird. But he has already shed twice now since up in march! I'm so happy he's growing! :)

Steven.

So folks, i lied to you all. Bans is not out of hibernation..lol. I think he just came out to see if the world ended and then went back down. I havent seen him in the last three days. The first couple of days i seen him for couple minutes and then he's back in his hole. Now i dont see him at all... this sucks... Hey laura i'm coming to your house to remember what a tegu feels like lol

Diablo

5 Year Member
Dang that sucks Steven. Yoshi has been up for me for about two to three weeks now. He's shed once so far and hasn't been too curious to come out of the cage to be held but he did once the other day. I'm just glad he isn't freaking out and running from me anymore. It's funny though he only likes me feeding him. I had my mom feed him one day while I worked a double and she said he huffed at her and buried himself lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980