• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Want Bearded Dragon(:

tora

hoosier said:
i know this is a few days old but after the bad reputation post i feel like i may be able to contribute especially with my age:

JoshJack90: i would say wait until you have that room. Im 21 so i was in your shoes not too long ago and one thing i can tell you is that parents change their minds. A lot. i once had a whole room downstairs that i was told i could use until they decided a few days later they wanted to finish the basement and that would be the bathroom and i honestly agree with james and herpgirl whole heartedly(sp??). i had 2 bearded dragons when i was your age also. one male one female. i had both of their enclosures next to eachother and had to actually blackout the sides facing eachother because my male would stress her out and headbob non stop for hours just stressing her out bad. i once even tried to house them together and for a brief time they did fine together but my male would drive her to the ground in a dominance display way too often and i had to seperate them again. honestly please wait and get another enclosure. i know listening to older members feels like they are trying to tell you what to do but they are really looking out for you and your dragon.

The negative post wasn't from someone disagreeing with her.
Now where did that 'beating a dead horse' icon go..

hoosier

5 Year Member
I edited it. i wasnt attacking you and honestly i just thought i could contribute to this post. i saw it in the negative thread post thing yes but didnt know who it was. i dont appreciate the dead horse comment especially after telling the other person they were being immature. ill leave it at that

tora

I apologize then. It seemed to me that you were trying to defend her and not add more to the post. How is that being immature?
I really think having a post like yours would better change the op's mind, since it's a lot better worded. I wasn't even allowed to have animals till I moved out! You guys are lucky. :)

hoosier

5 Year Member
i had 2 beardeds, a turtle, a sav monitor and my tegu by the age of 18 but not all at the same time and now once college hit im down to just my tegu. college is a tough time if joshjack goes away to study and since he wants to be a herpetologist he will most likely have to. and parents dont like caring for animals much if they are cold blooded and scaley lol thats another factor to think about

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
I have only been keeping beardies for a short period,and many have been keeping reptiles long before me but still i will kick in with my 2cents. So i originally had my Tsume and Hige together both we're the same exact size around 6" at first. Firth month went really good, second month i noticed the mounting behavior and saw some arm waving from hige. I ignored it and about a few weeks later i come home and see blood on my thermometer and the tip of hige tail is pretty much gone, i pretty much knew what happen then, i also noticed that tsume was twice the size of poor hige! I feed both the same amount so this was weird.

But i went out and brought another perch and a smaller wattage bulb and gave them two seperate basking spots, and i have to say it worked like a charm, i did this for about a week and already hige tail was healing and he started getting some size for him.

But now they are both in there own 30gallon long tanks and doing great. Tsume is 10inches and Hige is 8" would be 10 but he lost the tip of his tail.

All in all i would say it's really scary coming home to a bloody lizard with a nipped tail. I wouldn't risk it! I learned my lesson the hard way!

Joshjack90

hoosier said:
i had 2 beardeds, a turtle, a sav monitor and my tegu by the age of 18 but not all at the same time and now once college hit im down to just my tegu. college is a tough time if joshjack goes away to study and since he wants to be a herpetologist he will most likely have to. and parents dont like caring for animals much if they are cold blooded and scaley lol thats another factor to think about

i never said i wanted to be a herpetologist? But im not going away for college.

herpgirl2510

Seems strange why would you stop a thread people disagree on how to keep reptiles all the time what is the big deal? Keeping them seperate is the correct but plenty of people try it the other way too. Sometimes it ends fine but more often than not things turn out the way the above poster said in a bloody accident. Forums are about difference of opinions the problem is when you take it personally and get offended and lash out. LOL go on some monitor forums this is kindergarten compared to what people say there.

tora

Who wants to stop this thread? Someone just mentioned that they're surprised it hasn't been closed. I never said there was a big deal about disagreeing about keeping herps. Everyone agreed with you, including me. The only person who disagreed, was the OP, and they aren't even posting on this topic anymore. Nobody on here lashed out but you. How on earth did I take it personally, when all I said, was that it seemed like you guys were just going in circles. You basically told me to shut up, and that you'll stop parroting yourself when you're damn well ready. Can you please drop it already. I'm getting tired of repeating myself, so if you're not going to leave things be, I will. The end. I'm done replying to you, this is just ridiculous.

hoosier

5 Year Member
Joshjack90 said:
hoosier said:

i never said i wanted to be a herpetologist? But im not going away for college.

oops sorry that was billiejean. but my points before that are still valid. wait until you have the reptile room before hand and make sure you have that room to get another enclosure before you aquire another just incase. better safe than sorry especially when your lizards are involved
herpgirl2510 said:
LOL go on some monitor forums this is kindergarten compared to what people say there.

hahaha i was thinking that aswell :p

herpgirl2510

Tora take it easy. I did not say anyone disagreed I said I do not appreciate being told when to stop giving my opinion. I do not even know you and I would have responded the same way to anyone telling me to stop speaking my mind. I feel that if someone does not like what someone is posting and wants to end a thread stop reading it it is an open forum for a reason. This seems to be getting a tad bit personal now and this is when the problems arise. Let it go I cannot believe it is still being brought up. Go get some tegu cuddles you will feel better I know I always do. I come on this forum to get advise and help when I can look back at my previous posts I am certainly not here to have petty arguments with people.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced