1. Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email josh@tegutalk.com!
    Dismiss Notice

Argentine B&W Tegu not growing

Discussion in 'General Tegu Discussion' started by Zach Johnson, May 18, 2018.

1. Zach Johnson

Zach Johnson New Member

Hi guys,
    I got an tegu from my local pet store in February, she was only about a foot when I got her. I have been feeding her pinkies, chicken heart, crickets and fruits when she eats them. I am just assuming its a girl because I don't wanna call her an it till I figure it out! Anyways I have had her for a few months now and it doesn't appear that she has grown at all. She has a basking spot at around 105 and her ambient temps are in the 80s. She has uvb as well, also dusting her food with calcium powder ever since I got her. Some days I offer her many foods and she turns them all down. She burrows quite a lot throughout the day. Any ideas on why she isnt growing?

Thanks!