• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

First time tegu owner as of today

Godzilla Earth

It's called haveing a focused personality, once I want something, I make a list saying GET IT OR YOU FAILED WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR GET UP GO AT EM. at least in my mind

Godzilla Earth

I also have this so yeah
Apr%2B21%252C%2B2020%2B2%253A30%253A48%2BPM.jpg

Chris & Stitches

I was about 10 when I got my Burmese he lived 10 years.he was sick when I got him and didn’t look good until he was about 2 years old then he grew like a slinky.

Chris & Stitches

I love those snakes. Never owned one. Are they hard to care for?

Compared to a tegu no not at all.i only saw mine drink about once a week, he would eat about twice a month on normal schedule and pretty simple enclosure to upkeep.low temp and mold are the main things to keep up on.like any herp

Chris & Stitches

I haven’t handled baby Rona the emerald in about four days (I’ve been spoiling stitches) but Rona the emerald still lets me reach right down on top of her and pet her head without a flinch

Godzilla Earth

my cali king still won't trust me until he knows it's me, he's still less than a year old and about 17 inches so i can understand that

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
I haven’t handled baby Rona the emerald in about four days (I’ve been spoiling stitches) but Rona the emerald still lets me reach right down on top of her and pet her head without a flinch

Sounds like I need to bother my swifts more often!! Might go with the 3X/day rule. My 3 always run and act like they're being attacked - but I almost never hold them.

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Do you worry about snakes biting as much as people worry about Tegus? Is there a similar body language you can rely on with the large snakes?

Godzilla Earth

It all depends on the snake debita, and some will show visible signs and some don't. most pet snakes do have some sort of warning like my cali king vibrates his tail and musks on me if he's feeeling scared

Chris & Stitches

I did make a big mistake and stitches crawled out of my hood while I was
Sounds like I need to bother my swifts more often!! Might go with the 3X/day rule. My 3 always run and act like they're being attacked - but I almost never hold them.

you can even start off more than 3x a day but at first I would just put my hand and set it in there or very gently scratch at her rocks just to get her ok with me being in there, then I started hand feeding her crickets and mealworms with my fingers to get her to my hand and then slowly pet her when she would stay, and it progressed really quickly to where now when she sees anyone, she runs out in the open and takes a real good look at them.no fear whatsoever

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602