• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Florida Tegus wanted.

snibborsirk

Black and whites, blues, and reds are compatible/breedible. Just can't keep adult males together. Columbians will not mix or breed with the above mentioned! Don't limit yourself, you'll be good to breed in no time if you do your research. Lots of good info on this site and plenty of folks willing to help.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Good morning!

Adult males of the same species will fight. Think bulls in a pasture or roosters in a hen house.

Don't know about two males of different tegu species but I wouldn't chance it. Two females of the same species are fine together but unsure of two females of different tegu species together.

When females fight is when they are nesting. Highly defensive against anything. Good mothers.

I was told he was a male but I really want to make sure at this point especially since Rodney is sending me a male. It would break my heart of ANYTHING happened to Gator. That's why I was asking

snibborsirk

I'd be reluctant to have them around each other even if they were of different sex, but especially if they are both thought to be male. To me it's not worth the risk if one were to attack the other - I've heard about or read about too many introductions gone terribly bad!

Yep I'm so so so excited my new black an white Argentina will be home tomorrow. Rodney shipped him today I can't wait!!!! I'll post pics after he has a chance to settle in.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    93.4 KB · Views: 17

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam