• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

For everyone who has a Jam x Whitey Baby hatched on June 29

Quijibo

5 Year Member
Zilch said:
they get to lick at me and climb around on my keyboard

Careful... about 2 weeks ago, Jango peed on my um, last keyboard. I think he was a little jealous.
Just wait 'till he starts following you room to room. Pretty cool... in a sort of creepy kind of way...

Zilch

5 Year Member
Quijibo said:
Careful... about 2 weeks ago, Jango peed on my um, last keyboard. I think he was a little jealous.
Just wait 'till he starts following you room to room. Pretty cool... in a sort of creepy kind of way...
Thankfully the black and white has been dropping his bombs in the feeding bin after eating... but I wouldn't be surprised if the red decided to leave me a very non-electronic friendly gift dead in the center of my keyboard any day now haha

Meg90

5 Year Member
Here was us this afternoon (taken like 15 minutes ago)

(the best picture I could get haha)
cleoonthecouchandme003.jpg

cleoonthecouchandme030.jpg

cleoonthecouchandme037.jpg

cleoonthecouchandme040.jpg

Quijibo

5 Year Member
Thankfully, Jango has been stinkin' up the bin also. Makes it a lot easier to clean up after him. I hope he continues to do it as an adult, It's getting a little too cool outside to open the windows.

Dvdh1

5 Year Member
Quijibo said:
Meg90 said:
ahhh! The offtopic! Lets keep this on the Gus people.

Who's Gus? And why does he have his own people? :lol:

Anyhoo, here's some pics of Jango in the bath today after eating 3 mice.(NSFW).

Jango10709003.jpg

Jango10709005.jpg

Jango sure is pretty

Quijibo

5 Year Member
Wow. That's amazing how dark Cleo is compared to Jango and 'Bee.
I don't let Jango on my shoulders anymore unless I'm wearing something pretty thick. He hasn't grown much in length lately, only about 1 1/2" in 2 weeks and it all seems to be SVL (he's about 31" now), but he's gotten thicker across his shoulders and hips. He's getting heavy enough that his nails are starting to do some damage.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
man jango is beautiful i cant wait to see how they look in year. im still trying to figure out this spur thing but im starting to think nero might be a girl but ill wait til he is about 6 mo. b4 i start saying she

Quijibo

5 Year Member
Aye. All of the info I've found seems to point to 6 months. I'm going to hold off calling Jango a she until then also. Either way, he or she should grow up to be a pretty impressive Gu. I'm going to try and get a weight on him soon, he seems to be putting on muscle mass instead of length lately.

Fork

5 Year Member
Quijibo said:
Aye. All of the info I've found seems to point to 6 months. I'm going to hold off calling Jango a she until then also. Either way, he or she should grow up to be a pretty impressive Gu. I'm going to try and get a weight on him soon, he seems to be putting on muscle mass instead of length lately.

I don't know what it is but my Zero is only about 24" long :( He doesn't even eat that much, and he's afraid of superworms still!!! :(

Meg90

5 Year Member
What state are you in? I'm in WI, and I have the same issue. Cleo doesn't eat as much as I would LIKE her too. But I think, no matter what I'm doing with my lights, she can feel the changes in barometric pressure, and is acting accordingly. My torts can tell if its a rainy day or not, without ever being outside.

I think the climate is part of the issue. I have just accepted that her growth will be slower because of it. She is very healthy and active otherwise.

And all I do on Xbox live is play Uno or watch netflix. Haha its the bf's really.

Fork

5 Year Member
Meg90 said:
What state are you in? I'm in WI, and I have the same issue. Cleo doesn't eat as much as I would LIKE her too. But I think, no matter what I'm doing with my lights, she can feel the changes in barometric pressure, and is acting accordingly. My torts can tell if its a rainy day or not, without ever being outside.

I think the climate is part of the issue. I have just accepted that her growth will be slower because of it. She is very healthy and active otherwise.

And all I do on Xbox live is play Uno or watch netflix. Haha its the bf's really.

I live in OR so we probably are having the same problem for the same reasons :(

TanMan57

5 Year Member
Meg90 said:

Lol I play Uno and cod waw on xbox only. Ive been playing alot of uno on xbox lately

Dvdh1

5 Year Member
TanMan57 said:
Meg90 said:

Lol I play Uno and cod waw on xbox only. Ive been playing alot of uno on xbox lately

In south Florida it's 94 degrees with 85% humidity. Bee is a eating machine

Meg90

5 Year Member
Exactly what I am saying. The baro pressure down by you still is screaming SUMMER SUMMER SUMMER. Up here, its not. I am accepting that. I think as long as our tegus are eating at all, we are ahead of the game.

I am telling you. Animals can tell what the weather is, without every seeing through a window, or going outside. On dreary, rainy days, it takes all of my tortoises several extra hours to come out of their burrows. They can feel the changes in pressure, and in the wild, when it rains, they would stay inside their burrows all day and wait it out. Its the artificial heat and light of their basking bulbs that eventually rouses them, and gets them going after their food.

Fork

5 Year Member
Meg90 said:
Exactly what I am saying. The baro pressure down by you still is screaming SUMMER SUMMER SUMMER. Up here, its not. I am accepting that. I think as long as our tegus are eating at all, we are ahead of the game.

I am telling you. Animals can tell what the weather is, without every seeing through a window, or going outside. On dreary, rainy days, it takes all of my tortoises several extra hours to come out of their burrows. They can feel the changes in pressure, and in the wild, when it rains, they would stay inside their burrows all day and wait it out. Its the artificial heat and light of their basking bulbs that eventually rouses them, and gets them going after their food.

Yeah, i just wish my tegu would come out and eat :oops: he needs to grow! :D

Meg90

5 Year Member
I know....I was expecting an eating machine. But really---how big can their little stomachs be? That's what I keep telling myself. Cleo will grow at her own rate. If thats slow and steady, so be it. I am just keeping offering more than she will eat, and when the day comes when she wants to eat a few bites more, it will be available for her.

Fork

5 Year Member
Meg90 said:
I know....I was expecting an eating machine. But really---how big can their little stomachs be? That's what I keep telling myself. Cleo will grow at her own rate. If thats slow and steady, so be it. I am just keeping offering more than she will eat, and when the day comes when she wants to eat a few bites more, it will be available for her.

Yeah same here, haha.

I'm sad that my little tegu doesn't find insects appetizing yet :doh

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980