• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

I'VE HAD IT WITH REPTILE DEALERS

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I think everyone needs to just calm down, it does no good to argue, and life is way too short.
As for this guys Email, show him the thread I started on the Canada BOI on Fauna, ask him if he would like to explain this there.

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
Ah has never shown any signs of ageeasion to any other lizard. As for the hibernation issue, I have no idea if she did or not before I got her but I haven't cooled her. She eats live or frozen mice every couple of days and same with the fruits. I have a lot of lizards snakes and some Caiman. My web site is <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.thereptileguy.ca">www.thereptileguy.ca</a><!-- w --> if you want to take a look. Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network

Hi there, i have an argentine black and white tegu that i'm pretty sure is a female. I got here about 6 months ago and was told she was a little over a year old. If you are intersted, call me at 778-240-6100 anytime

Mike

Ah has never shown any signs of ageeasion to any other lizard. As for the hibernation issue, I have no idea if she did or not before I got her but I haven't cooled her. She eats live or frozen mice every couple of days and same with the fruits. I have a lot of lizards snakes and some Caiman. My web site is <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.thereptileguy.ca">www.thereptileguy.ca</a><!-- w --> if you want to take a look. Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network

i have others from him, but that's all about location etc, the guy also told me that the columbian was living with the mangrove monitor

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Get your skink back....
Is it possible to get the police on this? cause that guy is a A$$.

nat

5 Year Member
no it would be a civil matter. However, it is highly illegal for an adult to enter into a contract with a minor. SO have your parents call the guy and have them tell him that you had no right to trade this animal away, and that they want it back and want the columbian back. That's one option but above all Korean I think you need to organize all communication you have had with him and set it up on the BOI and tell him that he can deal with you personally or take it to the BOI.

nat

5 Year Member
oh and post even emails that you do not find to be important like location etc so that no one can speculate that you are hiding anything.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Define: Trade-is the voluntary exchange of goods, services, or both. Trade is also called commerce. A mechanism that allows trade is called a market. The original form of trade was barter, the direct exchange of goods and services

barter: an equal exchange

Even though no money exchanged hands, with the right amount of proof you can get the authorities involved. Which if I were you....I would.

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
oh i'm really pissed now, i just talked to the guy yesterday over the phone, plus i ran a little to quick and now i have to go into x-ray just to check if my foot isn't actually broken or dislocated, it's really badly swollen, i could hardly walk, get out of my bed, had to skip school, and now i can't even clean this damn columbian's enclosure without him whipping his tail over me
anyway, back to what i was saying, the guy called me a fraud and told me that there is no way in hell that the cage the my skink was staying at was a 50 gallon, maybe not even a 30 gallon (it's actually a 60 gallon) and told me that the skink was being fed mainly fruits with high sugar and was only days away from a infection, i actually feed him romain lettuce, cucumbers, etc, and he told me that i never told him about him eating vegetables, he told me that he'll also send me a list of vets while he was over, and for days, he never send me the list, and he argues and complains that the vet he saw was pissed at how i kept my animals, and i needed to bring my tegu in for a check up because he wasn't getting much of anything, damnit, i feed my tegu pinkies, fruits, crickets, and worms with the vitamins, or calcium or whatever with what the petstore recommanded, plus the my tegu, Vegas went into hibernation only after 2 weeks i got him, and came out for the first time last week, what the hell am i supposed to do about that?
the bottom line is, the guy is grown man, without respect, points out only the facts that's wrong, gets whatever the hell he wants, and gives something that's crap back

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Post what happen here: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108499">http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/ ... p?t=108499</a><!-- m -->

Include all of the emails including the headers, explain what happen. I will be posting the screen shots of his site where he knew it was not an Argentine tegu. Also after you get done posting the first post, sent this guy a link to that thread.

nat

5 Year Member
Korean - please really follow Bobby's advice. No amount of ranting here will solve your problem, the only way you can get a resolution is to post on the BOI. Be as respectful and as professional as you can, present all your facts and we can go from there!

nat

5 Year Member
oh and another suggestion, stop talking to him by phone, talk to him by email so you have proof of everything he said

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
well, the guy never e-mailed back, though he did try over the phone, i refused to talk to a guy his that kind of attitude over the phone
and what is a BOI? i just forgot it

gebris353

5 Year Member
Hope things get better with this issue for you man, I would be pissed too. Btw, can anyone tell me what IMO and BOI mean? I dont know those lol :p

nat

5 Year Member
Bobby has posted a link to the BOI above, you will have to post there.

I would also like to take a moment and say that a very upset Mike just called me and after hearing his side of the story I am strongly suggesting that this go to the BOI. He has a different version as to what happened and offers he has made to rectify the situation.

I won't repeat them as Mike can easily do that himself on the BOI and I am not taking sides but I would also like to see these two (korean and Mike) have a dialogue with their facts presented (emails, etc) rather than continue to speculate. Mike isn't aware of what the BOI is but I told him that I would gladly send him the link if Korean decides to post.

oh and the BOI is the board of inquiry, a structured forum where people in the reptile industry can air out their grievences and / or check on the reputation of people they are about to do business with. You can also post good guy posts to!

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
Board of Inquiry, hmm, i never came this far before and i hope it stays that way, i've already told the guy that i wasn't going to do anything about the trade anymore because i've had it dealing with people like him, and everybody else that has the same problem as he does, but whatever this guy says i've got everything to back it up, the man was all the way from Abbostford and what could i do but to say yes
i'll leave that situation up to him, he he decides to post on the BOI, i'll do the same
and why the hell is he the one that's upset? i'm just a kid that lost something over a trade with a grown man that knew exacly what he was doing wrong, and please, Nat, could you please tell me what he's so upset about

nat

5 Year Member
No. And this is why: You won't take the proper steps with the BOI and go about this the right way. I feel like I need to take a step back and give a little tough love and get you to stand on your own two feet with this. Mike has agreed to respond there, you don't need me to communicate with him. He has accusations as do you... this whole situation would come to light very very quickly if you both just posted your evidence because there is obviously some mis truth on one or both sides.

I was involuntarily put in the middle of this when someone sent Mike an email telling him that I had particular thoughts about what kind of person he was. I don't appreciate people using my name in an argument. Korean, if you have enough energy to send Mike emails about how I feel about him and what I think he needs to do (when I have never spoken with him up until this moment) and flame him on his own facebook groups then you have enough time and energy to post on the BOI. If your going to continue the issue...do it the right way

nat

5 Year Member
If you are honestly dropping it and don't want to go to the BOI, then that's fine but don't expect me to somehow go back and forth between you and Mike when I am in the dark the entire time as to what actually went on. Like I said before, Mike said he would like to rectify it as well so there is no need to continue on in this manner.

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
KoreanDeathKid, keep us updated throughout this ordeal....I'm looking at the BOI right now, and I'm still not sure how I feel about this, but either way, good luck, and I hope this issue gets worked out fairly.

ApriliaRufo

5 Year Member
I hope Brat's post wasn't in direction of my post. I'm very sorry if you felt snipped and that totally wasn't my point. I was annoyed with this jerkoff who traded with KDK and kinda of threw everything else to the side. KDK take it to the BOI, you gotta stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.

dorton

5 Year Member
If you really feel you were done wrong you should stand up for yourself. PERIOD.
There sounds like there may be another side to the story. I wonder if the guy mike would want to come here and defend his side in a professional manner. It would/could be moderated to make sure no slander or sideways crap goes down.
KDK,
Did you look at the pic on his site before you made the arangements? If so, not to be mean, but you got what you wanted. If you agreed to the tegu, no matter wether he called it a salamander or a apple it was not an argentine b/w. The photo shown from his website clearly shows that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980