• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Never seen this before..freaking out.

Kmast0524

I saw my black and white Argentina tegu poop and she had these two long white flat strings hanging out of her butt. Please help im freaking out because I've never seen this before.

Mich lady

Congrats. Its a boy! Those are sperm pl lugs. Perfectly normal. My male black and white leaves them quite frequently

Kmast0524

I dont know how old. I rescued him..and the lady I got him from said it was a female..but I definitely check and didn't feel any bumps.

Mich lady

Hmm.well as far as I know, those are Sperm plugs. Is he a big guy? My guy started leaving them about 6 months ago. He is about 2 and a half years old and 4 feet long

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
I've seen the best of the best try to figure out the sex of Tegus on this forum....it's hard to do. The bumps at the vent are small, and when the animal is under 6 months, it could be hard to determine if it's jowls are starting to form. Then they form quickly - that's been my experience. Also - I usually see the plugs often when the male is in season, or around a female.

Stephen J. Williams

If you can watch you gu poop, see if after the liquid urine, urates, and fecal matter, a long red tube comes out and slides back in. If so, it is positively a male. My 2.5 red poops every other day when I let him walk around my bathroom before his bath.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam