• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Roy's Offspring '09 Growth Comparison "Contest"

Which female did you recieve a hatchling from?

• Ms. Purdy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sky

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Anthony

5 Year Member
heres some from today...

014.jpg

015.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

027.jpg

Richard21

5 Year Member
Jer not to be rude but I think you should check your tegus diet. Bobby said most healthy tegus loose the green in a couple of weeks.

Jer723

5 Year Member
Richard21 said:
Jer not to be rude but I think you should check your tegus diet. Bobby said most healthy tegus loose the green in a couple of weeks.

well the thing is my tegu will NOT eat the ground turke mix i make her, so its really hard for me to find a good staple diet for her. any ideas, she seems to look healthy, she eats almost everyday. she eats like 4 fuzzies a week, 2 on sat, and 2 on wed. then egg some other days shrimp, i have to imrovise. can somebody give me a good staple alternative to ground turkey mix. please!!! :doh

Jerry

Richard21

5 Year Member
She does look healthy. Maybe you can trick her into eating it. Maybe mix it with the foods she loves. Maybe dip the fuzzies in turkey juices to get her fimilar with the taste.

Jefroka

5 Year Member
Jerry, please describe exactly, how you are putting together your ground turkey mix?

...Jefroka

AWD247

5 Year Member
Hey Jer, I noticed when I fed my GU turkey.. i just mixed in the calcium supplement and cod oil, put about 2 tablespoons of the turkey in the bin and he wouldnt go for it :nono ,
I did the same exact mix but this time rolled into very small long meatballs and he took to it :crazy , plus I noticed its easier for him to eat that way too. Now I use the same mix with things added like tuna which Ive noticed he really likes and eats more of, I put egg, maybe shrimp, fruit etc, but i dont mix it like in a blender, I noticed when stuff is kinda
:arrow: (all mixed like puree/ blender mixed, one big lump of food) he doesnt eat any where near what he normally does, but when it has chunk/ texture he goes for that alot more :drool .
Also when you swing by for the mulch I have more than enough food already prepped and baggied, you can try it out see if it works for you.

freexskate

5 Year Member
its ok, my little guy still has a green tint to his head and he's almost 2 months old, its dissapearing fast though. From what I can tell he's very healthy, eats like a horse, poops the same, active, alert, very tame.

heres some pictures, the only inanimate object that i could find when he was roaming on the bathroom counter (cleaned before and after) was my girlfriend's hair straightener. =]

here is Optimus =]

CSC_0143.jpg

DSC_0135.jpg

DSC_0140.jpg

DSC_0142.jpg

DSC_0145.jpg

Jer723

5 Year Member
well the turkey mix i made was, 1 lb of turkey, with a healthy portion of beef heart, since i couldnt find liver that day. 2 tblspoons of cod liver oil, to get the fishy taste. and i pureed the heart and mixed it in, plus added some zoo med w/o D3. maybe ill add some egg, or some tuna, i havent tried tuna, or maybe even shrimp, my gu loves! shrimp. yum.

Jefroka

5 Year Member
Sounds like a pretty good mix Jerry, although I don't mix the repti calcium in cause I feel they don't need it every feeding. I do every other day on the repti calcium.

Now, AWD247 my tegu loves his food made into slop. In fact, I just purchased a larger food processor that can make a huge batch of grub and it dices the mix much, much better than the mini-food processor I was using before, which left chunks.

Beauregard just finished eating a huge portion, more than he normally eats and I believe it was because this mix was mashed. He seemed to really enjoy it, but of course he loves to eat anyway.

Seems like tegus are definitely individuals not all created the same. BTW, I measured him all spread out in his feeding bin and he is 20" now, 4" shy of 2'!

Wow, he is growing fast!

...Jefroka

wyattroa

5 Year Member
just measured mine and she is at 18in.. ill get some pics up as soon as the battery is charged in the camera.
robert

Anthony

5 Year Member
optimus is a good looking baby... cant wait til our tegus are adults so we can tell the real distinct differences.... i hope mine turns out with a lot of white... i think in a few more sheds shell be completely white... i got my red tuesday i think... i sure hope he gets along with maxzilla

mikecrowder23

5 Year Member
Ting Ting still has green under the mercury vapor bulb but out of it, it's barely noticeable. He is eating his turkey mix a few times a week, 20 or so gutloaded crickets once a week, 2 fuzzies twice a week and a boiled egg. He's nearly 16 inches and very healthy so i'm not sure if the 2 weeks on the green is an exact science.

wyattroa

5 Year Member
Is she would just straighten herself out she would be 18 inches..but none the less here is the pic..2 squares equal 16 inches
IMG_0720.jpg

IMG_0733.jpg

IMG_0656.jpg

IMG_0655.jpg

AWD247

5 Year Member
Jefroka said:
Sounds like a pretty good mix Jerry, although I don't mix the repti calcium in cause I feel they don't need it every feeding. I do every other day on the repti calcium.

Now, AWD247 my tegu loves his food made into slop. In fact, I just purchased a larger food processor that can make a huge batch of grub and it dices the mix much, much better than the mini-food processor I was using before, which left chunks.

I agree I dont use the supplement powder everyday either, My Gu eats my mixes mon/wed/fri tues/thurs he eats shrimp,tuna,liver,fruit Sat/Sun mixture of everything I have left so nothing is wasted.
Also dont get me wrong with using a blender/food processor, alot of members use them, in my case my Tegu didnt take to having the food with that consistancy maybe he will when he gets older and more of an apetite but, Thats why I mentioned to Jerry about balling up the food or leaving it chunky, to see if his GU takes to the change in texture.
Processed foods are fine if your GU's eating it, plus im sure it makes the prep alot easier

Jefroka

5 Year Member
I was actually a little concerned how this new processor turned everything into mush, its very powerful, but Beauregard actually liked the mush better.

Ordinarily, he would grab a chunk, shake it a little and back up some and consume it.

This last feeding with the mush, he just sat right up against the plate and ate mouthfull after mouthfull, without backing away even once.

Hey, whatever works, mush or meatballs, as long as they eat.

...Jefroka

VenomVipe

5 Year Member
Ok here's Angus! He is awesome and very beautiful. Can anyone see that he is growing? Every one elses tegus look great and are grwing too!

o1940CF1.jpg

o1940CE1.jpg

o1940CC1.jpg

o1940CB1.jpg

o1940CA1.jpg

o1940C91.jpg

o1940C81.jpg

o1940C61.jpg

o1940C41.jpg

o1940C31.jpg

o1940C21.jpg

o1940C21.jpg

o1940BB1.jpg

o1940B71.jpg

Enjoy the all the pictures! :bolt

VenomVipe

5 Year Member
Yes it is! lol ok This round is coming to an end. Anyone else.......Bobby........I like to see some up really up close to blender, Two Bananas

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu