• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Roy's Offspring '09 Growth Comparison "Contest"

Which female did you recieve a hatchling from?

• Ms. Purdy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sky

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

simon021

5 Year Member
Here ya go.

IMG_1622.jpg

IMG_1620.jpg

IMG_1631.jpg

IMG_1623.jpg

IMG_1624.jpg

IMG_1627.jpg

He's right at 16 inches long and 1/4 of a pound, or 4oz.

He just shed and he's probably 2 or 3 times as bright white as he was before the shed. It was pretty wild.

Heres the video for anyone that missed my other thread.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZohQYil-P50" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZohQYil-P50</a><!-- m -->

Anthony

5 Year Member
hey simon who are the parents of your tegu? mine is 16 inches also she ate a pretty big rat yesterday also and shes about to shed her third time since i got her and i hope mine turns white as yours after this shed... she is a roy and ms purdy baby and her personality is awesome ....

simon021

5 Year Member
Roy and Purdy. He's amazing! I couldnt have asked for a better hatchling! He's eating fuzzy mice now, and im not sure where to go next. Should i switch over to younger rats? I cant remember when, from a nutrition standpoint, it's better to switch to the younger rats vs the older mice.

This was his 3rd shed as well, although his second shed was only like a week and a half ago. He started eating fuzzys right after that, and he's grown a ton since his appetite picked up. It's just insane how fast they grow. The Columbian I got rid of was almost a year old, and 18 inches. This guy is overtaking him at an astonishing rate. He's almost as long, and almost as big around. It just blows me away. My friends that haven't seen him for a week or so are always so amazed at how much he's grown in just a week. It's hard for me to tell day to day though since I see him so much.

I'm very happy with him. I couldnt believe how much white came out after this last shed. Now you can only see green on the top plate of his head pretty much. I need to get a picture of his head plate, because the scales look like a little man or something haha. Just like another picture that was posted up of a tegus markings that looked like a little sumo guy, this looks almost identical to that. I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow.

VenomVipe

5 Year Member
Im surprised how much white Angus has developed. There are places in his black bars on his sides where you can see white and cream starting to rip up the black. It was not like that when i got him. I am excited!

simon021

5 Year Member
I know just what you mean. It's amazing how fast they are growing and changing! I can't wait to see them all a year from now.

VenomVipe

5 Year Member
Ok. NEW GUIDLINES. AWD247 made an awesome contest for Blizard x Sugar. His picture with the measurement is something I would like everyone to do here starting in round 3. The same thing just with exra pictures that define the size and color. And instead of saying the third of the month, I am changing it to the fithteenth to make it more simple. You may post somewhere in that time of the month but the closer to the bullseye the better. The voting we are now doing is just for fun and something we can use just for a color or picture competition.

Starting round 3 we will have a winner based on whos is growing the fastest. That is why must try our best to stick with the measurment pictures like AWD247 did on the Blizard x Sugar thread. There still may be thing we will improve on before we are finally stabe as a contest.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu