• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

those unwary to varnyard

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
RE: Those waiting for Varnyard to ship...

It's not the forums fault in any way. There are still plenty of threads regarding last years situation.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

It wasn't a scam last year.

The only posts that are marked "unapproved", not deleted are the rants. that should be obvious. If someone was trying to cover for Bobby, the whole thread would disappear and all the bad info would be removed. That is not the case. Caveat Emptor.

The forum did not advise you to put a deposit on an animal that was not alive, and without a written contract. I'm sorry for your loss.

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member

So he essentially just calls right before he ships? Oh wow that's crazy. Has anyone gotten ahold of him?

Skeetzy

Re: Those waiting for Varnyard to ship...

I have a few times, but not really recently. I'm calling him tomorrow to ask him if he's shipping. If he says no, or gives another excuse, I'm contacting his local PD, the BBB, and a lawyer. Just going to start asking for info on what we can do, and saving it all for everyone here. I'm going to explain to them that there's a group of us online in the same situation, and probably more who's voices aren't being heard(besides poor parents and spouses that get vented to). I'm done with the October 1st date already. All the other tegus for sale are getting older and sold, I'm making sure I have a tegu on my doorstep Tuesday morning, whether it's a Varnyard or any other breeders.

Scott Hogge

Contact Ty @ [email protected] . He responded to all my emails within like 30 minutes.

If he has any tegus left, it will be on your front door tuesday morning.

I got Mac (red tegu) on tuesday after first contacting him 4 days prior on friday night. Great buying experience. And Mac was only $125 as opposed to the $250 for varyard's invisible red tegus.

Skeetzy

My pleasure. I'm not in it for my money anymore at all. I've accepted the loss of the $150. At this point, I just want to prevent him from doing this again to everyone another year. If I get my tegu from him, that'd be awesome. If we get our money back, that'd be even better.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club

A friend of mine says I should call and ask for refund...similar to another poster on here.either I get an animal or get my money...that sort of thing.I did email Bobby ...saying,in a nutshell, that I just want a timeline of deposit months that have already shipped out and what time frame my tegu would be shipped in.I had assumed his request for balance meant there actually was an animal to ship.the other thing I was advised to do is contact paypal. I really wanted to wait and see if he just got over his head or if he seriously collects the balances before he actually has an animal to go with that order...please keep us all posted on this stuff because honestly I only started hearing bad things about Varnyard after I had already ordered and was waiting for the baby...I just recently joined this forum.this is stressing me out bigtime.thanks for all the info.it really does help to know I'm not alone in this...

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

Scott Hogge

BatGirl1 said:
A friend of mine says I should call and ask for refund...similar to another poster on here.either I get an animal or get my money...that sort of thing.I did email Bobby ...saying,in a nutshell, that I just want a timeline of deposit months that have already shipped out and what time frame my tegu would be shipped in.I had assumed his request for balance meant there actually was an animal to ship.the other thing I was advised to do is contact paypal. I really wanted to wait and see if he just got over his head or if he seriously collects the balances before he actually has an animal to go with that order...please keep us all posted on this stuff because honestly I only started hearing bad things about Varnyard after I had already ordered and was waiting for the baby...I just recently joined this forum.this is stressing me out bigtime.thanks for all the info.it really does help to know I'm not alone in this...

Playing into this whole 'timeline' thing is part of the problem. If the tegus existed, they should have been shipped long ago. It does not take this long to ship tegus. If I lived on top of a mountain and had to travel 200 miles by mule I could get everything shipped in less than a month. How long has it been? The 'timeline' IS the scam.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Re: RE: Those waiting for Varnyard to ship...

todeyius said:
BatGirl1 said:

Playing into this whole 'timeline' thing is part of the problem. If the tegus existed, they should have been shipped long ago. It does not take this long to ship tegus. If I lived on top of a mountain and had to travel 200 miles by mule I could get everything shipped in less than a month. How long has it been? The 'timeline' IS the scam.

So in other words he is aware of the paypal 45 day thing and just tries to string us along until it's too late for anyone to get their money back? Nice.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

Everyone with problems should also post on the fauna classifieds BOI, it is a much larger audience than here.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

Bobby's payment system is terrible; selling that which is not yet there or available. He should drop the whole idea of deposits and all that other crap and sell them when they're available just like every other breeder usually does. He's a terrible businessman but a great breeder. Kept my mouth shut long enough on the subject, but he has got to get his act together.

Scott Hogge

BatGirl1 said:
So in other words he is aware of the paypal 45 day thing and just tries to string us along until it's too late for anyone to get their money back? Nice.

Pretty much. The more time goes by, the less options you have.

He didn't even respond to me calls or emails until waaaay after my red tegu was supposed to hatch (he gave me an exact hatch date after the first rough date had already passed), and only after I started posting about how I abandoned my deposits. I think his plan there was to wait until everyone else's reds were all sold, and then tell me the bad news, and try to sell me on one of the AA tegus that he did have.

By the time he did contact me with the following email, I had already bought MacGyver from Ty so I ignored his email because I wasn't interested in another month of phone tag.

Give me a ring if you will, 850-215-7308

Thanks, Bobby Hill, Owner,
http://www.varnyard-herps-inc.com/
http://www.tegusforsale.com/

He wouldn't even say in the email that the reds never hatched.

When I first placed my red tegu deposit, he sounded very shady on the phone talking about the reds. He was trying to sell me on anything other than the reds, but I told him the red was the primary one I was interested in. I think he knew at that point he would not have a red for me, but sold me the deposit anyway. When I later found all the threads about last years reds, I contacted him to check in and make sure everything was going to be ok this year. He said something along the lines of "I have extra red breeding pairs going this season, there are absolutely going to be red tegus this year for you." He guaranteed it. It's not something anyone could guarantee 100%, but he did, which was itself shady, and then he failed to come through (no suprise.) I am convinced that I was scammed since I placed my deposit in March.

I do not believe that most [any] tegus that have not arrived yet ever will.

TeguBuzz said:
Bobby's payment system is terrible; selling that which is not yet there or available. He should drop the whole idea of deposits and all that other crap and sell them when they're available just like every other breeder usually does. He's a terrible businessman but a great breeder. Kept my mouth shut long enough on the subject, but he has got to get his act together.

He makes his money from locking people in with deposits. Thats the scam. He likes that.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

todeyius said:
BatGirl1 said:

Pretty much. The more time goes by, the less options you have.

He didn't even respond to me calls or emails until waaaay after my red tegu was supposed to hatch (he gave me an exact hatch date after the first rough date had already passed), and only after I started posting about how I abandoned my deposits. I think his plan there was to wait until everyone else's reds were all sold, and then tell me the bad news, and try to sell me on one of the AA tegus that he did have.

By the time he did contact me with the following email, I had already bought MacGyver from Ty so I ignored his email because I wasn't interested in another month of phone tag.

Give me a ring if you will, 850-215-7308

Thanks, Bobby Hill, Owner,
http://www.varnyard-herps-inc.com/
http://www.tegusforsale.com/

He wouldn't even say in the email that the reds never hatched.

When I first placed my red tegu deposit, he sounded very shady on the phone talking about the reds. He was trying to sell me on anything other than the reds, but I told him the red was the primary one I was interested in. I think he knew at that point he would not have a red for me, but sold me the deposit anyway. When I later found all the threads about last years reds, I contacted him to check in and make sure everything was going to be ok this year. He said something along the lines of "I have extra red breeding pairs going this season, there are absolutely going to be red tegus this year for you." He guaranteed it. It's not something anyone could guarantee 100%, but he did, which was itself shady, and then he failed to come through (no suprise.) I am convinced that I was scammed since I placed my deposit in March.

I do not believe that most [any] tegus that have not arrived yet ever will.

TeguBuzz said:

He makes his money from locking people in with deposits. Thats the scam. He likes that.

Oh yea, that's for sure. I'm surprised people still deal with him even after the incident with the reds last year.

Scott Hogge

Quick note RE: PayPal

After 45 days, transactions are not eligible disputes that paypal will refund... but they WILL still take & log the complaint in the same system (resoution center). Everyone should do this anyway, I just did.

Logie_Bear

todeyius said:

After 45 days, transactions are not eligible disputes that paypal will refund... but they WILL still take & log the complaint in the same system (resoution center). Everyone should do this anyway, I just did.

Have you contacted your bank or gone about any other methods of getting your money back.

Can someone link the Varnyard Boi? I see one Irish Murphy started. Wasn't sure if that's the same one or not

Scott Hogge

Logie_Bear said:
todeyius said:

Have you contacted your bank or gone about any other methods of getting your money back.

Can someone link the Varnyard Boi? I see one Irish Murphy started. Wasn't sure if that's the same one or not

I have not. I am more interested in making sure the cycle ends here than in trying to get my $250 back

the_cw

Please let me know if anyone is doing any legal issues against Bobby. I've asked for a refund--2 emails, 2 calls--and heard nothing. It *is* a scam. I'd like to get my money back. I mean to.

Skeetzy

I'm giving him a chance to ship me a tegu tomorrow. If he ignores my call, gives an excuse, AND refuses to give me a refund, I'm starting the ball rolling. Already got some info gathered on what to do. And some breeders that will ship me one.

Diablo

5 Year Member

Just gonna leave this here.
http://www.jud10.org/CountyCourt/SmallClaims/claims.htm

Tomorrow I am giving as much information as I can to my dad who has lawyer benefits from his work and he is gonna talk to them. I am also going to start writing everything I can down and logging it. If anyone else would like to do this too it would be appreciated because I have work and school 5 days a week so it's gonna be hard for me. I also do not care so much about the 150$ lost rather than ending his scam now. If I get my money or tegu that would be awesome. If we can form a group and do this together I feel it will be much more effective than all of us just doing our own separate thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029