• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

those unwary to varnyard

frost

1,000+ Post Club
that has to be one of the most offensive and rude things iv heard heard today. how could you even think that?

the_cw

Just for the record, nobody here is claiming Bobby is bad with the All American/Giants, etc. It's B&W's we're talking about here.

Also, blaming the victim is not helpful. Even, as you say, it doesn't give Bobby the right to get away with fraud, it still is an offensive thing to say. I'm glad you got your Tegu, really, but this should be more of an issue of empathy rather than telling people to calm down. The fact of the matter is this: Bobby has given conflicting statements on why he hasn't shipped and, when confronted, digs further in and insults/accuses the buyers. How is this a successful, or even ethical, business practice? He should be called out for these issues so people can make more informed decisions. I mean, there *is* a reason there's no thread like this about LLLReptile, TeguTerra or other places. They don't insult, lie to or otherwise ill inform their clientele. I'd like to believe we're all looking for the same thing: reputable breeders and sellers of healthy, happy animals. The thrust here is to make sure we keep the community informed of this.

Diablo

5 Year Member
Joerob568 said:
I'm honestly not sure what all the fuss is about. I ordered my '12 All American female and after a week or so I saw these posts in the forum and panicked myself because I believed what I was reading. I contacted Bobby and just got mine today. The whole process took about 10 days. Varnyard is still the #1 breeder out there and Bobby is an extremely nice guy. This forum bashing is ridiculous!

Forum bashing?

I'm tired of hearing all this talk of forum bashing. We are discussing what Bobby is doing to us and why we are displeased with it. I, like ReptileGuy, am still a kid (sort of I guess). I'm 17 and I saved some money up from my part time job and paid for a tegu in full from Bobby. I put the first half down on May 30th 2012, and paid it in full on July 21st 2012 when he told me that the eggs were hatching and it would be around three weeks until he shipped out. I waited those three weeks and heard nothing. I waited longer and longer, and emailed him a couple times asking about my tegu and heard NOTHING. During this waiting time I bought a 120$ cage, I bought all the lighting, I bought all the thermometers and hygrometers for the cage. I told a lot of people about how I was gonna get this cool amazing lizard. Now I look like an idiot as days, weeks, months go by and I have received nothing. I have just about 300-400$ in this so far. I emailed Mr. Hill yesterday and put the words "Legal Action" in the subject line. I left my desk after sending it, and came back two minutes later to have a phone call and email from Bobby. He is ONLY interested in speaking with you if it will benefit him. The fact that you received a tegu within 10 days absolutely PISSES me off to no end. I have virtually given up with any hope of receiving a tegu. All the excitement and curious researching I did on tegus while waiting has stopped. I almost don't even want one anymore if it means putting up with this crap much longer. It is a shame honestly. He should not be running a business. No respectable business owner would EVER respond to customers with cussing, or anger in any situation. Yet again and again I hear of how he responds to some people who feel they have been wronged. Sorry for the rant, but to even suggest this is bashing in any way is ridiculous. This is the truth as sad as it is.

nbmiller59

If i remember right todeyius in another thread said something about being a rape enabler and that offended me. People on here blow things out of proportion. Im done with the crybaby attitudes. One second you are enjoying someone's posts of there gu tthen like you tube you nd up on the most horrible section ever. Poo on you people poo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029