• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

those unwary to varnyard

the_cw

RE: Those waiting for Varnyard to ship...

Yeah, considering he told me yesterday he had shipped "tons" of Tegus on Monday...and I don't think people have heard anything. He sounded very tired. I'm pretty convinced it's fraud based on the conversation and tone.

Logie_Bear

TeguBuzz said:
He can't get arrested for recording it. If anyone can get arrested for committing anything in this whole situation, it'd be Bobby. He's just trying to scare people off when all he really has to do is speak up, tell people what happened, and return their money if he can't provide them with what the paid for.

http://legallad.quickanddirtytips.com/the-legality-of-recording-conversations.aspx

You do need to have permission / to have informed the other party that the call is being recorded. At the very least, the recorded call drpepper has could not be used as submissable evidence in a court room.

Scott Hogge

Logie_Bear said:
TeguBuzz said:
He can't get arrested for recording it. If anyone can get arrested for committing anything in this whole situation, it'd be Bobby. He's just trying to scare people off when all he really has to do is speak up, tell people what happened, and return their money if he can't provide them with what the paid for.

http://legallad.quickanddirtytips.com/the-legality-of-recording-conversations.aspx

You do need to have permission / to have informed the other party that the call is being recorded. At the very least, the recorded call drpepper has could not be used as submissable evidence in a court room.

Once a court determines that a conversation is private, and covered by the statute, then it will consider various exceptions. The most common, and most litigated, is consent. Federal law allows recording of phone calls and other electronic communications with the consent of at least one party to the call. Thirty-eight states and the District of Columbia have followed federal law and permit individuals to record conversations to which they are a party without informing the other parties that they are doing so. These laws are referred to as "one-party consent" statutes, and as long as you are a party to the conversation, it is legal for you to record it.

Twelve states require, under most circumstances, the consent of all parties to a conversation. Those jurisdictions are California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, and Washington. Be aware that you will sometimes hear these referred to inaccurately as “two-party consent” laws. If there are more than two people involved in the conversation, all must consent to the taping. The more accurate term is "all-party consent."

Which Law Applies? Generally, the law of the jurisdiction in which the recording device is located is considered to be controlling. This makes some sense because the violation does not necessarily relate to where the words are spoken but, rather, where they are recorded. At least two Massachusetts courts have agreed with this analysis but it should be noted courts in some other jurisdictions have analyzed this issue differently, looking to the intent of the legislature in enacting the legislation.

California provides an exception-You can record someone without their consent, if it will be used to prove kidnapping, extortion, bribery, or a violent felony.

Skeetzy

Re: Those waiting for Varnyard to ship...

Nothing on my end. I've honestly lost hope in him shipping anything. I will be filing those forms and sending him a letter from my lawyer soon though.

ReptileGuy

I'm 13 years old and put my trust in Bobby as well as my 2 years of savings from babysitting, plant watering, pet sitting, etc.....He keeps putting me off and everyday says, "I'm trying to ship your tegu to you today, but if not will definitely send yours out tomorrow." Which is what he has been saying to me for the 5 days. If he rips me off I won't be able to get a tegu for probably another year or so (until I save up enough money again)....I have been researching tegu non-stop since I started saving my money, its 40 gallon breeder is fully setup and ready, I even made myself a little "fund" for its food. The worst thing about this experience is the fact that bobby doesn't take me seriously since I'm a kid.

TheTeguGurl

There has to be something everyone can do to pull together to get Kian his Tegu.. He is a good kid and has done all his research!

Scott Hogge

What kind of tegu did you order? Did you pay him the full price or only the deposit so far?

the_cw

He's honestly ripping off a kid? What a joke. :(

Have you spoken with him today ReptileGuy?

Scott Hogge

ReptileGuy said:
todeyius said:
What kind of tegu did you order?

Argentine B&W.

Check through some of the previous posts on this thread where people talk about other breeders, track down somebody that still has a b&w available, and its yours.

TheTeguGurl

It's one thing to scam a person, but to do this to a child is uncalled for... If there is anyone here that can Help my friend Kian that would be great..

bmx3000max said:
Just wondering has anyone actuly seen his establishment?

No one that I know of has seen his place, there have been post in the past from someone that posted pics of a house that claimed was Bobby but that was hear say too

ReptileGuy

todeyius said:
ReptileGuy said:
todeyius said:

Argentine B&W.

Check through some of the previous posts on this thread where people talk about other breeders, track down somebody that still has a b&w available, and its yours.

I wish it were that easy....All my savings are in Bobbys hands. I don't have enough money left to afford a tegu.

Teguzilla

5 Year Member

It's awful a lot of people won't be getting a tegu :( I'm not going to bash Bobby or say anything wrong but he definitely needs to let everyone know what's really going on instead of giving them the run around. No offence to any of the mods here that have defended Bobby but he is clearly wrong for what he's doing. I would be angry too if I used my hard earned money to buy one of his tegus and then months later, never receive it. He's losing a lot of potential buyers. I too was going to get a tegu from him but after last year's mishaps, I kinda had a feeling it would be bad idea. I really hope he comes around and let everyone know what's the holdup.

Scott Hogge

I meant to imply that it would be taken care of =)

now go find yourself new little best friend!

ReptileGuy said:
todeyius said:
ReptileGuy said:
todeyius said:

Argentine B&W.

I wish it were that easy....All my savings are in Bobbys hands. I don't have enough money left to afford a tegu.

hanniebann

5 Year Member

I sent him an email today, hopefully I'll get a response soon. I told him that I expect an acknowledgement by the 13th. I'll keep you all posted.

ReptileGuy

todeyius said:

ReptileGuy said:
todeyius said:
ReptileGuy said:
todeyius said:

Argentine B&W.

Who would pay for it??

TheTeguGurl

todeyius said:

ReptileGuy said:
todeyius said:
ReptileGuy said:
todeyius said:

Argentine B&W.

Thank you.. Kian is a good kid and did not deserve this.. i mean to scam a child is wrong, kian has ben waiting along time and knows how to take care of a tegu and is a good kid to boot! He will and would take great care of a tegu

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029