• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

those unwary to varnyard

armywife

RE: Those waiting for Varnyard to ship...

so does anyone know if I filed a dispute within the 45 days will I get my money back?
This is terrible :(

Scott Hogge

armywife said:
so does anyone know if I filed a dispute within the 45 days will I get my money back?

If its been less 45 days of when you sent him the paypal, I think you can dispute it and win, yes.

If it has more than 45, you can still register the dispute through paypal, but paypal will not reverse the charges themselves.

Note: A few other things might be factors also. Paypal has lots of options describing what the payment was made for. As long as it was correctly marked one of the options for Physical Goods (which is correct, it is for a physical tegu), and not something like Services or Gift you should be fine.

lexee126

We put a deposit on a red tegu in February. Bobby said they would be ready in the middle of August. Well the middle of August came and we heard nothing so we called. He told us that there were no reds because he shipped them all to Germany for orders that were placed last year. He gave us the option of getting an all american so we paid the extra money (along with the 2nd half of the deposit) and waited. We have called numerous times and weather was the excuse for not shipping. We called again on friday and he said he was going to try to ship out a bunch of tegus on monday or tuesday. We are tired of waiting and if we have no tegu this week we are going to take legal action also. Good luck all!

armywife

todeyius said:
armywife said:

If its been less 45 days of when you sent him the paypal, I think you can dispute it and win, yes.

If it has more than 45, you can still register the dispute through paypal, but paypal will not reverse the charges themselves.

Note: A few other things might be factors also. Paypal has lots of options describing what the payment was made for. As long as it was correctly marked one of the options for Physical Goods (which is correct, it is for a physical tegu), and not something like Services or Gift you should be fine.

Thank you for the info-it has only been three weeks so fingers crossed......

Wil

5 Year Member

Logie_Bear said:
todeyius said:
Quick note RE: PayPal

After 45 days, transactions are not eligible disputes that paypal will refund... but they WILL still take & log the complaint in the same system (resoution center). Everyone should do this anyway, I just did.

Have you contacted your bank or gone about any other methods of getting your money back.

Can someone link the Varnyard Boi? I see one Irish Murphy started. Wasn't sure if that's the same one or not

Here you go. http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=334633&highlight=bobby+hill

Scott Hogge

Wil said:
Logie_Bear said:
todeyius said:
Quick note RE: PayPal

After 45 days, transactions are not eligible disputes that paypal will refund... but they WILL still take & log the complaint in the same system (resoution center). Everyone should do this anyway, I just did.

Have you contacted your bank or gone about any other methods of getting your money back.

Can someone link the Varnyard Boi? I see one Irish Murphy started. Wasn't sure if that's the same one or not

Here you go. http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=334633&highlight=bobby+hill

jesus christ. I just read that whole thing. total thief. the 1% doubt I had in the back of my mind is gone. total thief.

txrepgirl

5 Year Member

OMG. I'm so sorry for all of you for having to deal with this. The same thing happened to me. I gave Bobby a deposit in March. Than gave him the rest of the payment later on. I waited to hear from him to see when the red Tegu would be shipped out. I called him, emailed him and no response. The finally I got a hold of him on the phone. He told me the same thing that he shipped alot of the Tegus to Germany and that he took me of the list for a red Tegu. I told him that he should of contacted me first before taking me of the list. He sad that I could get a AA or extreme giant. I told him no. I want the red Tegu that I payed for. Then he started to talk about how the reds don't get that tame. I told him that if he doesn't have any reds to give me a refund. He sad that he would try to get me a red Tegu. After this I haven't heared back from him. So I opened a despute with PayPal. I found out, too, that after 45 days they can do nothing about it. They also DO NOT COVER DEPOSITS. But I did get the second payment of $125 back through PayPal. I took a copy from PayPal to my bank and explained to them what is going on. They sad they can not make him pay me back if he doesn't want to. So I send him a PayPal money request for my deposit. I got ahold of him on the phone. He yelled at me because I opened up a despute. He sad because I did that I'm not going to get my deposit back and that we are even.

I got my two AA from him in 09 and never had a problem with him. I don't know what happened to him. I feel so sick to my stomach because I know that I recommended so many people to him and now they are out of the money because of the scam. I am so very sorry.

Scott Hogge

Bobby basically tells everyone to **** off in this huge thread:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325109

tresh

This all just makes me so sick...he's got such beautiful tegus, my Ammy girl is a wonderful tegu that arrived last year healthy and I couldn't be happier with her, but it's obvious that something has gone very very wrong with Bobby with how all of this has been going.

I think the loss he suffered last year has just completely cracked his mind or some such. Only explanation I can think of.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

txrepgirl said:
I feel so sick to my stomach because I know that I recommended so many people to him and now they are out of the money because of the scam. I am so very sorry.

It isn't your fault Sam. I haven't dealt with him personally but it's a shame that multiple people have had problems with his business. I think it's poopy it's come down to this but I also think its great that customers can share their experiences with potential buyers as long as its done in a civil manner.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

I've known Bobby since 2006. I would have considered us friends which is why I've tried to stay out of this affair as much as possible. I think there are some personal issues he has gone through and he is in a place that he can't get out of easily. I'd like to believe that he didn't set out to rip people off, things just got out of hand. I don't defend his actions. I think it is heartbreaking for everyone involved. I hope the buyers get their money back and Bobby gets back on his feet.

DoctorPepper4

5 Year Member

Skeetzy said:
I'm calling him tomorrow morning, and asking if he's shipping MY tegu. He likes to say he is shipping but not yours specifically. If he says no I'm telling him I'm going through with the legal actions to get my money back, and ordering one elsewhere. I said October 1st but he can't have any excuses this week with that weather he has coming.

i told you guys from day one about bobby cause i was getting the run around from him i even posted it up along with a conversation i had with mr.hills and someone deleted my tread and ive been going threw this with mr.hill for a couple of months now and he even told me if i wanted my money back to sue him cause that was the only way i was gonna get my money back.....so im doing just that all im telling everybody thats taking legal action is to make sure you save all the emails between you and him cause he love's to lie....also contact your bank if it hasn't been over 100 days youre bank will take care of it...from what paypal told me.....GOOD LUCK

the_cw said:
Just letting folks know. I have asked Bobby for a refund and have received no word for him. I then started a dispute with Paypal but, due to the payments being over 45 days old, they can do nothing. They did, however, ask me to contact the IC3(some sort of government organization to check for criminal wrongdoing), and I will be doing so. At this point, since I'm no longer getting a Tegu from him, he has basically stolen my money. One hopes he gets back to me, but I suspect he'll take his sweet time.

And, yes, he doesn't own the forum. From my phone conversations with him, however, he is certainly no fan of it at all.

hey can you email me the number to IC3

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

Man this sucks for everyone. Seriously post on BBB and Fauna, although Fauna is turning into Bobby just yelling back.

I know tempers are high, and rightly so I would be pived too. Just keep in mind the MODs are doing what they are suppose to hiding treads that could be offensive so don't get mad at them. Use that anger in a productive way to fuel investigating. There are legal agancies that will help, places like legal shield will look at the case and tell you what actions can be taken.

Scott Hogge

The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C), funded in part by the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA).

http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

Awesome. Online complaint form. Hit it up boys & girls.

DoctorPepper4

5 Year Member

chelvis said:
Man this sucks for everyone. Seriously post on BBB and Fauna, although Fauna is turning into Bobby just yelling back.

I know tempers are high, and rightly so I would be pived too. Just keep in mind the MODs are doing what they are suppose to hiding treads that could be offensive so don't get mad at them. Use that anger in a productive way to fuel investigating. There are legal agancies that will help, places like legal shield will look at the case and tell you what actions can be taken.
hey chelvis whats BBB and Fauna?

Scott Hogge

You will need this address when filing the online IC3 complaint form:

http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

Wil

5 Year Member

Better Business Bureau and fauna classifieds BOI.

Logie_Bear

Sheesh, that BOI is a mess. Well, this whole situation is a huge mess. But the BOI is like 6 pages of fauna members bickering amongst themselves and only 2 or 3 actual legitimate posts from folks who've not received Gus from bobby. For all the folks on this thread and the "Finally" thread stating they've gotten nothing from bobby, please add some real and helpful posts over on fauna. Include your emails!

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

Fauna can be difficult to be taken serious on. To make it work for you put everything you have in writing from Booby up. Make sure to give a timeline (date you first called, deposit was made, made the second payment) be warry of phone call as there is no physical proof. If you can put up snap shots (minus personal info) of the paypal payments. Avoid using harsh language and name calling. If everyone that did not get a tegu did just that it would show that this is not a one time thing. Fauna already have a negative view on Bobby, however the forms are often full of name calling and put new buyers off on reading them! This is the opposite of what people want. You want people to read and be aware. Keeping things clean and easy to understand will allow people to make the best decisions.

With Fauna being full, you can also do that here. This was Bobby's site a long time ago but the MODS and Josh have done a good job making it neutral (if you have been here as long as I have you remember the founding of this site). Put up all the facts you have that way when people investigate they are not overloaded with try to find the few facts in a long list of insults. Use the numbers to your advantage, there is an alarming number of people who have been shorted by the looks of it.

Its sad to see that a breeder that use to be so highly respected has slipped so far.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029