• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Mad

Help! Doggie, my tegu, normally poops in a specific place in my room where I keep puppy pads, but he hasn’t eatin in two and hasn’t pooped for three. Ive been giving him warm soaks and have been rubbing his back, he hasn’t eatin any substrate and typically gets fed outside of his enclosure, what should I do?

Mad

Side note, he’s showing brumation signs, Idk if that would afect his pooping or not.

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
I've had serious issues where I almost lost my male with impaction probs. Not pooping for 3 days isn't cause for immediate alarm. I don't know your's age, but adult Tegus don't normally poop every day. Check your basking temps if you're still worried. 115dg-125dg for an adult, and up to 110dg for a yearling or less. That heat is how they process their food. As they get older, the frequency slows down, and if it's a brumation thing, he may be holding on to it.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced